Setback for Jesusland

chuckwoww

Robertson apologizes to Sharon's son

Comments follow threatened exclusion from $50M heritage center

(CNN) -- Evangelist Pat Robertson apologized in a Wednesday letter for saying that the major stroke suffered by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was divine retribution for "dividing God's land."

The apology -- offered in a letter to Sharon's son, Omri -- followed a threat by Israel to exclude Robertson from a proposed $50 million Christian heritage site in northern Israel.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/12/robertson.apology/index.html

• 5 years later...

Robertson is a wanker of the highest degree. He has written in his books that only Christians and Jews should be allowed to vote in the US, since other religions are "fatalists".

What religion did you put on your dog tags Flash? When I filled out the form I wrote "Judas Priest" under religion, thinking I'd get a chuckle by the lady pressing them and they'd call me out. But nope, not a comment --> next thing you know I had my two sets of tags listing Judas Priest as my official religion. Uh oh. Made for a couple of interesting comments during CO inspections in Formation. :)

A wee bit before my time, but I like to think Rob Halford would've been proud. :bang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxsSVNhyiKk

"According to a 2 June 1999, article in The Virginian-Pilot,<18> Robertson had extensive business dealings with Liberian president Charles Taylor. According to the article, Taylor gave Robertson the rights to mine for diamonds in Liberia's mineral-rich countryside. According to two Operation Blessing pilots who reported this incident to the state of Virginia for investigation in 1994, Robertson used his Operation Blessing planes to haul diamond-mining equipment to Robertson's mines in Liberia, despite the fact that Robertson was telling his 700 Club viewers that the planes were sending relief supplies to the victims of the genocide in Rwanda. In response to Taylor's alleged crimes against humanity the United States Congress passed a bill In November 2003 that offered two million dollars for his capture. Robertson accused President Bush of "undermining a Christian, Baptist president to bring in Muslim rebels to take over the country." At the time Taylor was harboring Al Qaeda operatives who were funding their operations through the illegal diamond trade."

LINK

Just doing Jesus work. That's all. Bless his soul.

Archived