HAVE I STRUCK GOLD +anybody come across this scenario.

aussiejohn

Hi Guys,Met someone in Pataya who was on vacation there. She is THAI but lives in Europe and returns twice each year a month at a time.To cut a long story short she paid for me for everything fo 2 days,got me a room next to her in her hotel,which she also paid for,and generally she assumed what is usually our role in LOS,the money bags role! I met some f her friends and they seem to run different businesses in Pataya,she had told me of her business in Europe.As an avid reader,but not poster of this board and the old Delphi one ,I don't think I came across this before.She want's us to get together again later in the year.her treat,and show me other places in Thailand! Here's my problem,I am returning for 3rd time,and I will be with her but as of now it is still only fun for me and if it was getting serious for her then I don't know if I could handle it with sensitivity as I would need to know her past.Broaching the exbargirl question ,if I was wrong ,would be disaster and I could cause great distress. On the other hand she did have friends who were married to Europeans,so maybe she is looking to that with me.I keep reverting however to the fact that it was Pataya,it was a bar we met in,she is just older than me i.e. late thirties etc...and she knows I'm no saint as I was with girl when we met. Sorry for these thought ramblings but it was not a scenario I had invisioned from LOS, so any guidance.experience or knowledge will be carefully scrutinised. All THE BEST--AUSSIEJOHN

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've met (yes, while wearing shorts) several Thai non-bar and ex-bar ladies (late 20's to early 40s) that wanted me to hang out (in shorts or pants) with them in Bangkok.

I probably would have had to pay for most of the entertainment and meals, but defiantely not for their company and services.

They weren't dogs nor beauty queens. I declined because I come to LOS for young extremely hot girls not for a girlfriend or wife, I already have one.

If she meets your REAL GIRLFRIEND criteria and you think something might develop go for it. It might be worth not having younger girls and just hang with her for future developments.

But I'd defiantely avoid getting tied down with a girl that doesn't meet your Pattaya GIRLFRIEND criteria (even if she is paying) and doesn't want anything to do with you outside of Thailand.

Life is but judgements and decisions.

Good luck dude

[ August 04, 2001: Message edited by: Tgreamer ]

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

my guess.. 100% exbargirl married to a european who allows her to come back home for a few weeks. I have never known a proper thai who has ever sleeped in a hotel in Pattaya

WYD

Bollocks! When vacation times comes around, thai kids/students have the habit of renting a room and occupy it all of them. Pattaya is one of the major big resorts in Asia, tons of people come down, just from BKK for the week-end, and that includes women and their friends. they may not go to farang-oriented places or discos, but anyone who's walked a few hundred yards away from Beach Rd and Walking St knows there's a thai nightlife too. Check the Palladium disco on any week-end night. Thousand of kids, and yes, some stay in Pattaya hotels.

I wonder why our friend did not volunteer to pay for a few things, it's a polite thing to do anywhere. This girl could be anyone, why try to find out what she really is? that did happen to me a while back,and when i asked, she told me: "do i have to tell you everything?". Enjoy, it's the subtitle of Pattaya.

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

Bollocks! When vacation times comes around, thai kids/students have the habit of renting a room and occupy it all of them. Pattaya is one of the major big resorts in Asia, .... I wonder why our friend did not volunteer to pay for a few things, it's a polite thing to do anywhere. This girl could be anyone, why try to find out what she really is? that did happen to me a while back,and when i asked, she told me: "do i have to tell you everything?". Enjoy, it's the subtitle of Pattaya.

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

Bollocks! When vacation times comes around, thai kids/students have the habit of renting a room and occupy it all of them. Pattaya is one of the major big resorts in Asia, .... I wonder why our friend did not volunteer to pay for a few things, it's a polite thing to do anywhere. This girl could be anyone, why try to find out what she really is? that did happen to me a while back,and when i asked, she told me: "do i have to tell you everything?". Enjoy, it's the subtitle of Pattaya.

Just to echo this: There are many hotels where I've never seen a Thai staying, but I'd generally reguard them as mostly sex-tourist hotels. Many hotels are frequented by thais.

And, aussiejohn, shame on you for not paying! Thai's will pay for you for a long time to be polite, but you are held in low esteem if you don't at least reciprocate.

I'd guess she's definely playing some form of the of the Farang Boyfriend Money Supply game, even if she never worked as a 'pro'. This womans situation sounds a little similar to that of a woman I met seveal months ago and ended up subletting a condo from. She would go to switzerland and france to work 3 months in the tourist industry during the peak travel season. (she did not however specify exactly what she did). She had a swiss boyfriend who sent her 20000 baht every month. She didn't work. She was very kind to me and bought lots of meals for me and showed me around Chiang Mai. At some point a few weeks later she told me things were not working out too well with her boyfriend. She needed to find "someone new to take care of her" - her words. It dawned on me later that her generocity was an attempt to rope me in. I had no interest in her anyway. There are lots of thai women who are not strictly speaking sex-workers, but do actively seek out rich (usually foreign) boyfriends so they can become kept women.

Archived