pregnant

paul101

Losing a baby very early on is common. The mrs informs me you can get an injection early on to prevent miscarriage, or at least lessen the risk. Anyone know about this? apparently it consists of 8 injections, she knows somebody who just had it done, but I never heard of it before.

I doubt human chorionic gonadotropin injections effectiveness . Miscarriages ( before 20 weeks) have very little to do with care and the mother and more to do with DNA mutations. "it was ment to be" is the common saying and it usually was. Although it would be one of the toughest things to go through at that stage of the game the baby would have been unhealthy if it went to term and thus it is terminated.

Stillborns ( after 20 weeks) are most likely be caused by an accident, either external ( car crash) or internal ( cord strangulation etc). Unfortunately since 99% of stillborn deaths are never investigated we really dont have much information to go on here. A friend just lost her baby at week 40 ( nine month mark) . Dreadful!!!

"Losing a baby very early on is common"

Yes but 75% of those are undetected pregnancies and most women did not even know they were pregnant. If you realize you are late and are pregnany ( usually 6-8 week mark) you have beaten most of the odds. Once you make it to the second trimester in most cases it is smooth sailing and stats say you have nothing to worry about.

If you are in Bangkok and want some recommendations on pre-natal care send me a PM..

WYD

I think you might be talking about progesterone. It is basically a supplement to prevent rejection in case of previous miscariage. Does she have a history? What it basically does is prevent rejection of the embryo. Because the embryo only contains 50% of the mothers chromosomes her body will sometimes reject the chromosome of the male. Progesterone helps prevent the rejection in the first trimester. It can be done via injection or supository through the ginie. Should I be congratulating you? :beer:

whosyourdaddy said:

If you are in Bangkok and want some recommendations on pre-natal care send me a PM..

WYD

I will if she's having one again. I would imagine so many are up the stick due to monks saying it's a lucky year. Not so lucky for one girl I know who is going in on wed. She tells her boyfriend it's his (falang) but she only met him last June. Thai hubby is taking her to hospital :(

Archived