Adventures in Facism at Nana Disco!

preahko

Quote:

preahko said:

So first, a little background for those of you who just walked into the room: I've been going to Nana Disco for some three years now. Yeah, the music is cheesy, the farang guys are the dregs of their respective societies, and the girls are often of, um, questionable looks and value for the buck, but hey, it's home, in a way! preahko

So does this mean you think you are better than the patrons of ND?

Z

haha, no way man, I'm right down in the gutter with the rest of you!

preahko

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, Angel's is yet another reason for bypassing Bangkok all together and heading straight down to Pattaya.

A little bit of old fashioned competition can do wonders.

Compare Angels with the discos down in Pattaya.

For a long time, Marine was the only disco in Walking Street. When some competition eventually came along, they didn't seem to do anything to respond, and they have obviously suffered as a result. I find it a pretty ordinary disco.

Before Lucifers opened, all the girls seemed to be in Tony's.

The music, layout and lighting were much better than Marine, but without any serious competition, the prices and the attitude of the staff was shocking. I recall a staff member actually hitting me once for not tipping him for a B160 bottle of Heinekin.

Then Lucifers opened, and it's interesting to see how much Tony's have picked up their game. Prices seem to have come down and in my opinion staff attitudes there have also greatly improved.

Open a competive establishment as the market is crying out for it. But that has been tried and has yet to work, mainly because of the location of Nana Disco.
I agree that Nana Disco does need some competition.

Your basic rule is correct:

A basic rule of capitalism is that if demand outstrips supply, then your pricing is too low. So they raise the cover. Good business.
Of course the corollary of this basic rule is that there is an opportunity for competition when this occurs. But I think you are right about location being a problem ? where are you going to put a competing disco? In the past, other discos in this area have worked because they were able to open later, but last I heard that option was problematic because the MiB were demanding a higher tariff than the current late night venue on Soi 4 could afford.

On this same subject, does anyone know what the new structure where Bus Stop was will be? The new Bus Stop, or perhaps something more interesting? Just a hope.

thewalkingatm said:

For me, Angel's is yet another reason for bypassing Bangkok all together and heading straight down to Pattaya.

A little bit of old fashioned competition can do wonders.

Compare Angels with the discos down in Pattaya.

I'll compare it with the discos down in Pattaya. Here's the difference as far as I'm concerned:

I CAN *SEE* THE GIRLS IN ANGELS.

Last year I went to about 3 or 4 of the most popular Pattaya places, including the ones you mentioned. What they had in common was (lack of) lighting which made it nearly impossible to see the girls!

What's up with the fucking Pattaya disco lighting? :cussing:

suadum said:

So yer shit outta luck. Either live with it and quit yer bitchin' or find a new venue to play in.

I disagree with the "quit yer bitchin" part.

I think it helps raise awareness.

suadum said:The real solution is obvious. Open a competive establishment as the market is crying out for it. But that has been tried and has yet to work, mainly because of the location of Nana Disco.

I don't know, if the venue was close enough, I think it would work. The thing that ND has for it though that I don't think a new place would would be the late closing time :(

But just imagine if that place next to Bully's was changed into a similar disco like ND...

<<burp>>

I was thinking the exact same thing. Cheap drinks and cover, a loss leader for a couple of months, then slowly raise prices to match ND. And for the first few months, tell the whores that cover and the 1st drink is free to get them there versus ND. The punters will follow.

But I am not stupid enough to get into the bar biz in LoS!!!!!

Cheers,

SD

Archived