Adventures in Facism at Nana Disco!

preahko

I'm not shy when it comes to getting a closer look in such places but even I found it inconvenient in Tony's. You could be within a foot of a girl and not necessarily come away any the wiser about her real looks and age.

Most of the latest mobile phones have a built in torch!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a couple of tricks to getting around the Pattaya lighting issue that don't involve carrying a torch.

For example, I find that the best time to hit Lucifers is when the band is playing and the stage is lite up.

Keep in mind that the ones hiding in the shadows are there for a reason.

I have to confess to liking ND in the past as well - so unless its gone dreadfully down hill since last September I will be back I guess though the 400 baht is a killer. But I am not much of a drinker and basically hold on to one beer for the entire time I am there and usually have only finished 1/2 of that. I may be going there for 3 months or so later this year and if I do end up at ND a lot the 3,000 membership thing might make sense - is that a lifetime or annual fee? I am sure one of these days I will find a better late night place but have gone to many of those suggested here and found them wanting - and the disco is right downstairs so money saved on cabs and time as well.

I only go to Nana when I'm desparate for food so I'll go to the Dynasty Inn or I go to play pool at the Ball in Hand but I take exception to ordering an Iced Coffee and having three menus to chose from in Metro Bar and to top it off Iced Coffee was 60 thb. despite it not even being listed on their menu. The thing they do they get their food from another bar and you order from that menu which shows Iced Coffee listed at 50 thb (already a rip off) and then when your bill comes they tell you that drinks are their price and it's 60 thb. Now 60 thb for Iced Coffee is a bit of a rip off by Bangkok standards. The max I consider reasonable is 40 thb and they are still making money hand over fist at that price.

I'm always angered when I hear people here say "If you don't like it then don't go or leave". I enjoy Nana Dicso very much but when I'm subject to a policy that I know to be completely ludicris I tend to say something. For all you dipshits that are so opposed to someone complaining you must either be Thai or so meek or insecure that your afraid to stand up and say something. Complaining is HEALTHY. One of the biggest problems with this country is that complaining is looked down upon. Do you think Thais like sitting in traffic for four hours a day? Do you think they like being treated as second class citizens because their skin is dark or theri from up north? If more of them complained and continued to complain things would probably change. Either that or they would be gunned down. Facism strongly objects to complaining or complainers. Do Thailand a favor and complain today!!!

Lusty said:

It was only a matter of time before Nana Disco wanted a piece of the barfine action,It'll soon match NEP's 600bht.

Can't see the owners of Nana disco allowing the same sort of set up operating in their manor and they will have the clout to do this.

I wonder whats up their sleeves to generate some revenue from the after closing car park crowd? :(

Some years ago there was no Fee to enter the disco. The staff were friendly, many cute girls, not much cheap charlie farangs around.

Then the place become more famous and like other such places, ND is on the downhill.

• 3 weeks later...

Went there off and on for awhile over 3 yrs ago, but it's seemed worse every time I've been back. Went the other night. Did not get hassled for a drink -- paid my 400 baht and never got any drink, went out across the street, came back -- never got around to getting my free drink and wasn't pestered too badly about it. I said no, later, and they were fine with that. But... what was most noticeable was that there wasn't anything close to tempting in there. Girls I mean. I can get non-temptation for free outside.

Seriously, go to almost any go-go bar at Nana and you'll spot a half dozen girls hotter than any at that disco. So what's the point. If you really really want to stay out drinking til 2am, ok then maybe you have to go there. For me that's never a need.

BuffHello said:

....,looks like an ex weighlifter or some other criminal type .

Weight a minute! Not all Weightlifters are criminal and not all criminals are able to lift weights!

This phrase was utterly political incorrect and an insult to all weightlifters and all criminals!

I am awaiting your excuse!

MaW

Archived