Adventures in Facism at Nana Disco!

preahko

i only drink water there and get in free on my friends members card so fuck them!!!!!!

water is actually free there. amazing i know....i sure as hell dont go their for the atmosphere or as a place to enjoy a drink. its all business in there.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ultras67 said:

... What are you supposed to do if you are dancing, hold your drink at all times so they dont hassle you?

Funny you should ask! Couple of nights ago, they told my buddy he was NOT ALLOWED to hold his beer while dancing! Maybe they can grab a 1/3 full bottle from the table, then hassle you to buy another when you come off the dance floor.

BTW, I think those managers are Aussies.

They get my old epithet...

Fuckwads

Let's Deadwood them, too...

COCKSUCKERS

Last time I was there I also thought the staff had a very bad attitude, but I figured it was just an off night. Sounds like that is not the case.

What Nana Disco needs is some serious competition.

if you see anything you like in the foyer just have a chat and take them to the pool hall just along the soi.

the old paradise disco place. ball in hand .

its too dark in there anyways to be sure of what you are getting.

jeez there are so many gals going up and down in the lift there ,so much shortime going on.

Countless other places to go - i really think that place is the pits - I have not been in there for about 4 years - just jump in a cab to Patpong or Cowboy if your looking for late night drinking and pick up options outside of gogo bars and I dont even live in BKK but know enough places to go to if the need desires.

Actually Patpong in hindsight is all closed at 2.30am at the moment but still other options and farang orientated venues - easy enough to find - just ask bar girls in Long Gun as an example - they know somewhere not a million miles away.

preahko said:

...But something has happened, to make it much less fun. And it's 100% attributable to the owners.

Methinks you have the wrong -ism here. It is a perfect case study of capitalism.

Let's analyze this. This business makes money buy selling booze and on the cover charge. There are always plenty of customers. A basic rule of capitalism is that if demand outstrips supply, then your pricing is too low. So they raise the cover. Good business.

They let whores in for free, cuz the guys follow the whores. Good business. Knowing human nature, especially at the lower end of the spectrum, the whores will not spend any money. The bar is in business to make money. Solution? Make sure the whores buy drinks, especially since they get in for free. Good business.

If deadbeat guys are not drinking, the bar is not making any money. Revisit paragraph 1. Demand is outstripping supply, so the bar does not care if they piss someone off by pushing drinks. There is another customer waiting to take his place. Gee, and they get another cover charge. Win-win for the bar. Good business (as long as the supply-demand situation stays the same).

Maybe the staff are being a bit too agressive, but why should the bar owners care? It is simply good business. Bully for them, I say.

The solution? Make everyone stop going there? Impractical as you cannot make people do anything, especially when it comes to something so meaningless. The real solution is obvious. Open a competive establishment as the market is crying out for it. But that has been tried and has yet to work, mainly because of the location of Nana Disco.

So yer shit outta luck. Either live with it and quit yer bitchin' or find a new venue to play in.

Regards,

SD

Hi,

Im not a big fan of ND either, max once per month I might go there.

The management knows its one of the few places in that area that can stay open late (due to the facts that they are located in a hotel similar to Novotel CM2 and also because the BIB are heavily involved).

Haven't had any personal experiences abt staff harrassing me for drinks, but have seen waiters targetting girls and pointing at the (exit) door as a sanction.

I've had some good fun there over the years (even got a BJ on the toilet on my STAG night long time ago LOL), but I see it's going down also.

Too crowded in the weekends anyway, the aircon simply can't cope with that.

I expect the situation will get worse now Thanksin gave the example on how to make big bucks on foreigners, the Thais envy him for that and will try to follow his example !

My solution: I live here and know my way around, I try to avoid the Nana area as much as possible.

Alternative for discos with FL's:

* Novotel CM2 (but it's in the same price range as ND)

* Some places on Kao San are pretty cool, Gullivers is nice in the weekend and a lot of freelancers around there also.

* Some huge discos in RCA and Ratachada area (Route 66, Hollywood, Pump-up, X-zyte etc), but not many P4P girls there.

Mostly I go out to the RCA / Kao San and the suburbs with TG's (not P4P girls) and really have a good time, mostly im the only foreigner there also and there are a lot of nice girls there, but again it's mostly non P4P ! For 1500 Baht I have a complete night out (including a bottle of black label and mixers) with my date and her friends. Many times there are live bands too (I like that) performing both Thai and farang songs. And they don't have a cover charge.

Might not convenient for you guys staying in the Nana area, then better goto Soi Cowboy, I was there recently and enjoyed myself in places like Five star, Midnite, Toy bar etc.

At a lot of places the girls are showing also !

Cheers

Tilac

Archived