Patong Beach, 1,500 baht a night recommendations?

Stickman

Summer Breeze Hotel, on Soi San Sabai. It's toward the end of the soi, so it's quiet, but still 3 minutes walk to Soi Bangla (the bars) and 10 minutes to the beach. Ask for a room, preferably a mini-suite, in the back, facing away from the soi. It's been a while since I was there, but when I was there it was quite clean and comfortable and had excellent staff.

http://phuketdir.com/casa/

it really depends whether during high or low season! during low season you can get a lot of the better hotels for this price. however during high season, choice is pretty limited if you do not want to go to one of the modest guesthouses:

Patong Villa www.patongvilla.com

rate is 1400 THB (they say residents in thailand only) for a standard room during high season.

it is on the beachroad!!

they have swimming pool:

p03.jpg

walkingdistance to Bangla road, the center of nightlife

Safaribeach is another smaller nice hotel on beachroad with swimmingpool, which was around 1500 THB when I stayed there last time in january around 2 years ago. it is even closer to Bangla Road

Both don't charge joiner fee, Sticky in opposite to many other middle or highclass hotels in Patong (often 1000 THB!)

there is a club med on Karon Beach; certainly family friendly. had friends staying there and they were very satisfied. but that's certainly not for those, who just want to relax at the beach. then there is Kata and Karon Beach resort http://www.katagroup.com/ i was there on their special for residents in thailand for around 1500 THB during low season.

you are right; Karon and Kata is better for family; the mentioned hotels in this thread are as well NOT on the beach as there is the very crowded beach road in between. Kata and Karon is much more quiet as the majority of the traffic take a detour.

Archived