Another Newbie

Vaelkommen!

Have a great time in BKK. If your name is your nationality, you might want to avoid Soi 3 these days. It's an extremely hostile crowd down there and Danes have temporarily replaced Americans as the number one objects of hate. No great loss to give Soi 3 a miss, there are infinitely better alternatives in the City of Angels to anything Hell's Alley can offer.

And I'd also like to extend my thanks to another great Dane, Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen, for his courageous stand against Islamic extremists in Denmark and abroad. The blood of Viking kings and chieftains with wonderful names like Harald Blue Tooth, Sven Forkbeard and Ragnar Hairy Breeches must run in his veins. He's a brave man in the proud tradition of Anders Lassen.

Tusen tack!

M v h,

Evel Penivel

:devil:

Mange tak.

Thank you for the word of warning. Yes, my name does reflect my nationality so I do appriciate your advice. I did not have plans to visit Soi 3, I will stick with what I have learned from this board. Also, I have lived in the US for many years so I have a strong American accent, people usually think I am American when I travel.

I arrived in BKK today, spent some time getting familiar with the area around the JW Marriott hotel, went to Annie's for an excellent massage, so now I am ready to hit the town. I also stopped by for a couple of beers at the Soi 7 Beer Garden, saw a few real lookers there. I am a little tired so I am debating whether to go back to Beer Garden and find a freelancer or hit Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy. No matter what, I have 5 nights in total so I will get around to the main attractions.

I will post a trip report later.

The nicer gals you see during the day at Beer Garden on Soi 7 during the afternoon, dress up and head to places like CM2 or Spasso's at night. But, they double their 'fees' (at least); and, you'll probably be in for sloppy 2nd's, 3rd's ... whatever.

So, if you try to dine at the Y, you might end up felching!

... best to munch (if so inclined) early in the day IMO!

:grinyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived