First Trip To Thailand Next Week Feb 1!!

marmite

The foreign rate is pretty much set by the banks and they do not vary that much as to make much of a difference. Banks have exchange booths at the airport. ATMs are available at most banks and I am told the exchange rates are the best, although there is a charge using your ATM card at another bank.

You might want to consider taking an airport bus at 100 baht to sukhumvit instead of taking a taxi. At the hour you will be arriving, traffic should be not a problem. I believe the bus will drop you off at your street (soi 11).

Regarding Swiss Park hotel, I have no problems there with regards to the room but I have heard that they have a policy against guests or if they allow guests there is a surcharge.

The location of the hotel is good in that it is near Nana Plaza and not that far from Soi Cowboy, two entertainment zones in Bangkok. After checking in your hotel, you can easily walk to Nana Plaza to check out the action there. Soi Cowboy is all within walking distance but it is further down the street than Nana.

Sanuk!

gummigut said:

Just be smart about eating seafood.

If it smells "fishy" just don't eat it :)

I eat seafood all the time in Bangkok

:)

<<burp>>

Sure, but that was not the point.

Point to my posting was that OP will only be staying a few days in Bangers and the rest on the islands, so better to eat seafood there. You, OTOH live in bangers, so yes, you would eat seafood there, just like I do when in in town.

BB

LOL

It's just silly to restrict yourself to non-seafood in Bangkok and only eat seafood at the islands!

Yes, absolutely DO NOT eat tom yung gung in Bangkok! That's the point!

MONEY

Hmmm, if your bank is raking you over the coals on the ATM, guess I'd do travellers checks. Especially if you can get them for free through your credit card. ATM will then be backup. Might also be time to change banks.

I've noticed recently that Kasikorn has been giving me crappy exchange rates on wire transfers. For the past 5 or 6 months approximately.

<<burp>>

Archived