Drooling Nerd Seeks Chums

Chillers

10/2/2006 - another great night out for a newbie.

There were about 15 people dropping in and out of Gullivers' over the course of a few hours. Good stuff - I got to meet many new people.

One thing that impressed me was the number of "renaissance men". In case you don't know - the "renaissance man" or "polymath" has an interest in a wide number of fields and is generally rather worldly.

There's a good definition here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_man

While - "Jack of all trades, master of none" is usually an insult, "Jack of all trades, master of SOME" is probably the best compliment you can give someone.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chillers,

Nice to have met you the other night. Glad you had a good time. All the equipment still intact? :D How'd your lady take your late night out with the boys? Should have stuck around. We ended up at the bar down the end of the soi with live music/band. Great versions of some Hendrix stuff and fun gals around in the bar. Just me and Gummi holding up the good bad name of the NP board and closing the joint.

Next time.

BTW, I'd rather Hendrix or Santana. Actually don't know one damned song by Tull! :o Surprising really, as I always was a big fan of them.

Cent

All the equipment still intact?

We have a sharp Samurai sword sitting in the lounge room. I'm happy to say that it remains unused.

How'd your lady take your late night out with the boys?

When I got home she hadn't even noticed I'd gone :)

BTW, I'd rather Hendrix or Santana. Actually don't know one damned song by Tull!

Ahh, ok - What's up with that Santana guy? I just wish he'd see a lead run through to the end. He starts off so well, but then he stops a couple of seconds later and plays a different run. lead - stop - lead - stop. Well, I'll let you in on something. I know his dirty little secret ;) He holds the pick wrong - how do I know? I hold the pick the same way (and I also have trouble sustaining a run for very long). I've tried desperately to rectify the problem but its just so damn comfy.

Either Hendrix or Santana is fine. Let me know which songs you like and I'll try to learn a few of them.

Do you know any Maiden? I'm addicted to that three fingered Steve Harris Gallop.

Archived