Drooling Nerd Seeks Chums

Chillers

Hi, I was dragged here (BKK) a few months ago by my gf. We live in the Sukhumvit area. Due to relationship law I can't shag bargirls (who made those laws?). So I've got a lot of time to hang with you guys - my new cyber buddies!

Hi to you all

Oh, I like boring crap like science and computers and stuff.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey a nerd! How cute, ok, can you come to Gullivers, lots of nerds there, you'll se bloke in the corner of the big bay windown, skinny with glasses, thats the head nerd KS.

Bring the girlfriend along as gullivers isn;t a "whore" bar as such and she wont feel out of place.

Plus I don;t get to see farang women that much!

DOG

Hey Dog,

I just checked the Gullivers' website and they have Foosball there. Foosball man!

I'm there dude - while there we'll ask all of the skinny guys with glasses if they are the head nerd. But I guess it won't be hard as alpha nerds are easy to spot.

So thanks - we'll cu there.

Oh, btw - I never said she was a farang :)

Chillers,

The best time to go there and meet the board members here that show up is on a Friday night, any Friday night, around 7:30 to 8:00 p.m. Walk in the front door go to the left of the bar as you walk in. There's a wide doorway to your left. Go in there into the next room and look to your left where there is a booth under a big window. That is the meeting spot. Ask for KS or the Nanaplaza guys and there will likely be a few of them there by then. Buy a round of beers and you'll have made some buddies for life, or until 10:30, whichever comes first. :D

No seriously, Chillers. A bunch of the guys meet up there every Friday, and the tourist guys in town from here will usually pop in for a beer or two and a chat as well. Stop by and meet some good gents and have a chat.

Just be careful if Nervous Dog, Suadum, and Goatscrot are there. These guys are evil godless heathens and whoremongers who will lead you astray! :: You've been warned nerd. Oh, and take the damned pocket protector and pens out of your shirt pocket before you come. Only KS is allowed to wear that gear.

Cent

Chillers,

Oh yeah, forgot to add. Some of the guys have a book club, and some others have a quiz night team where you might be able to join up or sit in on occasion if you are into that. Plus I should be there on either the 10th or the 17th. (Not sure yet which.) I have an interest in science and have some books you may or may not have read. Just finished Steve Gould's old 'Flamingo's Smile' a couple weeks back (got it at a library sale for a buck last time I was in the states) and have a few others that Nervous Dog and Harry Seaman might still have. Mostly Gould and some anthropology stuff (Search for Eve and a couple others). Stop on by, I'm sure you'll be welcome.

Cent

Thanx a bunch Cent,

Yeah - I'll check out the scene on Friday. It'll be good to meet you guys.

As for the books - that sounds kewl. I haven't got many books here but I'll see what I can do. Gould is the man, although I haven't read much of his stuff. I started reading time's arrow time's cycle a while ago but never finished it so it'd be great to get a hold of that one.

I do have some mind warping, tear your hair out, start screaming crazed obscenities in Tesco Lotus, infuriatingly dull stuff like Wittgenstein which you could borrow. Or a nice little book called "Quantum Physics: Illusion or Reality?" which despite its daunting title is an easy (almost mathless) read of only 100 or so pages. It's much easier to read than anything by that wheelchair dude (although wheelchair dude is still cool).

Quiz nights and stuff - yep, where do I sign up?

Archived