Drooling Nerd Seeks Chums

Chillers

Well that was cool! Any newbs want to know what the Gullivers' meet is like? read on.

Applicus (the gf) and I turned up at around 7:30 and met some interesting people. We met ib13, dddave, gummigut, and a great bunch of guys whose handles I didn't get or have forgotten and whose real names I won't mention but whose tales i will tell below.

There was 1 guy who has had REAL issues with haircuts. Both Applicus and I will now have nightmares about the snipper who couldn't stop. A perfectionist who upon realising that the one side of the hair is a micron higher than the other decides to trim it. Given the margin of error with scissors and the lack of a device that can manipulate matter at the atomic level she can't get it quite right. She then trims the other side again, and then the other, and so on until the poor "snipee" has a do that'd make the most committed neo-nazi skinhead proud.

Another guy really wanted arabic food. Saladin himself was known to be partial to the odd kebab and I'm now sure the rumours are true that the reason Richard the Lionheart did not re-take Jerusalem was some kind of secret deal involving kebabs. Since the 1st crusade many farang have been known to throw caution to the wind when seeking the culinary delights of the middle east . This has not changed.

Then there was the guy with the video.

In a bizarre fusion of a sadistic Japanese gameshow and the

evils of corporal punishment the video played on... This is one that should be on the internet. It'd certainly give the "pixel guy" a run for his money.

Also, another couple of enigmatic guys were sitting just out of "comfortable conversation range". Given all the talk about haircuts I noticed that they had opposing hair styles - 1 long and 1 short. I myself am in that horrible pre-intermediate hair stage where I can't really decide whether to go long or short. I spend hour after hour vainly looking at and stroking my hair in the mirror. This night I found myself looking at both options and trying to decide... all the while with the snipper horror stories running through my head.

How about ib13, dddave, and gummigut? dddave showed up, and then left again pretty quickly - did I get it right dddave? three d's? ib13 eventually left to meet friends (oh - I'm checking out his chilli site now). We went on and had some food with gummigut. After this gummigut proceeded to unsheathe his magical weapon... a pool que :)

Once he'd slaughtered me on the pool table it was time to go home.

Thanks guys,

I'll try to get there next week.

Chillers - the Drooling Nerd

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ib13,

This is what I said:

"I'm opposed to marriage - at least in the roman-christian sense. Being an atheist I'm also strongly opposed to the cultural and societal enforcement of monogamy. Much of modern day monogamy has its roots in post-Constantine Rome. Unfortunately this rather warped Christian doctrine has insidiously worked its way into other places like Thailand which officially banned Polygamy in about 1930 (?).

I'd have to say the vast majority of people indoctrinated don't know why they hold the views they have about marital or relationship based monogamy. This includes most middle class Thais, and probably you and I."

And then, this is what she said:

"Sleep with bargirls and I'll cut your dick off."

Applicus wins!

:)

All,

Hm, going by my hearing this threat of 'dick cutting-off' from so many guys with Thai wives/GFs I see a very profitable gig here. Sleeping peacefully and unafraid cod-pieces for husbands and BF's of these women who've made these sort of 'threats' made from that nicely knife-proof shark mesh metallic cloth the divers use when swimming with the sharks. I'd think this a good idea and would sell well at least in the LOS. :D

Cent

hmmm, interesting idea Cent - Now that they can do face transplants I'm sure full todger and tackle transplants are possible. So not all hope is lost. It'd probably work out better for some! And there's lots to spare here - this is the capital of voluntary sausage slicing.

Forget plate mail undies, maybe there's more cash to be made making preemptive strikes for the matriarchy. Become a knob lopper for a living and perhaps you'll be raking it in. Although can you imagine what a revolting job being a "gender reassignment surgeon" would be? ::

Anyway - all puerile comments aside, I'd like to state for the record that she actually did not say that she'd chop it off. What she said was infinitely more humane, gentle, and caring (which is why I forgot what she said). I didn't know it was so common here - but from what she tells me it happens here a fair bit... Scary thought.

Archived