Prices should we be doing anything

Alfmaz

Do you find most hotels rates go up with age in Thailand and not down? Example Honey Hotel Soi 19 Suk Bangkok 700 Bhat long ago now 800 same room but no repairs still the same, Intown Holiday Pattaya long time ago 450 Bhat now 600 Bhat but still now change. Should we be complaining and stop going so something will happen? Do not forget these two places are always booked out 356 days a year

:cussing::censored:

Renovate every 5 years????

Not in LOS :neener: :neener: :neener:

The REX renovated .....its swimming pool...after 25 years of operation....

Just stayed at the only almost decent hotel in Prachuap, I mean almost decent 10 years ago, now they repainted the exterior, but still the same place from the inside....

Two weeks ago I also stayed at the NAPALAI in Udon, no renovation since they build that place some decennies ago....

You would think with all the new hotels being built that prices would go down ,

and maybe they will for the higher priced places,

But I do not think there are any new 1000 baht places being built,

And even with low Thai wages , redoing hotel rooms costs alot of money , and at 1000 baht a night takes a long time to pay back.

Just basic economics and if I owned it would do the same

OC

OCgringo said:

But I do not think there are any new 1000 baht places being built,

OC

That's a shame because it's just what I would want to see. All the new hotels built in Sukhumvit are damn expensive, I would just need a clean basic place with a swimming pool but that's impossible nowadays for 1000 baht.

Archived