Souness Sacked by Newcastle!

ultras67

Well, its official. Hes gone.

The rumour mill is already going with Paul Le Guen & Martin O'Neill among the favourites.

As well as that Souness is going to arrive at Ibrox in some capacity because of his friendship with David Murray ( The Rangers chairman ).

The reaction from Rangers fans on this rumour?

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Newcastle caretaker manager Glenn Roeder will be assisted by club captain Alan Shearer following the departure of Graeme Souness.

The Magpies have won only one point in six Barclays Premiership matches and are only six points above the relegation zone.

A statement on the club's website, nufc.co.uk, said: "Newcastle United today announced that the employment of Graeme Souness has been terminated with immediate effect.

"An announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a new team manager."

Former West Ham boss Roeder, who had worked within Souness' back-room staff, will be caretaker boss starting with the weekend visit of Portsmouth.

And Newcastle hero Shearer will assist him.

A club statement read: "Newcastle United today announced Glenn Hoddle will take charge of first team affairs for the immediate future.

"Roeder will be assisted by captain Alan Shearer and will be caretaker manager for Saturday's home Premiership game against Portsmouth."

The 3-0 defeat by Manchester City last night edged Souness even closer to the precipice as many Magpies fans called for his head.

After the defeat at Eastlands Souness admitted he was feeling the pressure due to the "passionate" support Newcastle receive.

"It's common knowledge in football that the supporters up here love their football club and it means so much to them. They are madly, madly passionate for their football club," said the Scot.

"That makes it so attractive, but when you are not winning games, that can mean there's a big downside to it as well, and you have to accept that.

"But it's a special place to be involved in the football at Newcastle. I think there are only two or three other clubs in the country where that passion exists."

Souness troubled by injuries and poor signings

Souness has been beset by injuries this season and having £17million summer signing Michael Owen sidelined has been a major blow in recent weeks as the goals he scored after his arrival had given the Magpies a boost.

Other high-profile signings were made during Souness' time on Tyneside but failed to have the desired effect.

Albert Luque was signed from Deportivo La Coruna for £9.5million, defender Jean-Alain Boumsong cost £8million last season and several other summer signings such as Scott Parker and Emre were recruited.

But results did not come and Souness lost the support of fans quickly this season as high-profile bust-ups dominated his reign.

Craig Bellamy went to Blackburn last season after a public row with the former Liverpool boss.

And winger Laurent Robert was also shown the door because he did not see eye-to-eye with Souness.

Last season Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer were involved in a confrontation on the pitch which also brought scandal to St James' Park.

But ultimately results were Souness' downfall with the Magpies languishing in 15th place, facing the prospect of a relegation scrap rather than securing the European place their expenditure demanded.

Souness' record during his 16 months in charge.

All competitions P 83 W 36 D 18 L 29 F 107 A 99

Premiership P 56 W 16 D 17 L 23 F 58 A 76 Pts 65

FA Cup P 7 W 6 D 0 L 1 F 11 A 5

Carling Cup P 4 W 2 D 0 L 2 F 3 A 4

Europe P 16 W 12 D 1 L 3 F 35 A 14

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...ge_id=1779&ct=5

the biggest 'secret' of the Season.

Souness getting the sack?...........we all knew it was going to happen eventually.

the job at Newcastle is a poisoned chalice with the Chairman wanting a Manager who will win the PL,CL,FA Cup and World Cup within a Week.

Shearer always has been and always will be a TOSSER.

he has no experience and if he does get involved with Management and loses 50 Games in a row then he will keep his Job.

Shepherd is a WANKER who betrayed the Fans many Years ago with his comments.

but what do i care?.

i just hope Newcastle self-destruct and implode............

My guess is Allar-dick will get it. He has earned his chance to manage a big club (sorry Long Gun, the Toon would be considered a big club, wouldn't they? hehe)

I can't see le Guen taking them over, O'Neil will wait to see if the Glazers boot out Fergie. Bruce won't be offered the job. My other guess is they'll get a caretaker and install Shearer next season.

ultras67 said:

As well as that Souness is going to arrive at Ibrox in some capacity because of his friendship with David Murray ( The Rangers chairman ).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...ge_id=1779&ct=5

Do you know Murray's son - he used to live in Bangkok, not sure if he still does. One of the owners of Chequers? Or just a regular customer. I know Rangers used to sponsor the Chequers football team who used to play in 'Gers kit. I remember drinking with him in Thermae some years ago, seemed a decent sort of chap.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4676920.stm

no surprise that Roeder has been named Caretaker-Manager,he was the obvious choice.

and no surprise Shearer has been installed as Player-Coach,everyone knows he will stay at Newcastle after he finishes playing this Season.

PL rules state that Managers/Coaches must have certain Coaching Badges and Roeder does not pocess these and Newcastle will be asking for special dispensation for him to remain until the end of the Season......i don't see a problem with that.

Shearer has one sort of UEFA/FIFA Coaching Badge and is continuing to take the rest and by next Season will probably fill the requirements.

i expect Shearer to be in the same role next Season but think Newcastle will employ someone to let Shearer learn the trade.

i would be surprised if Allardyce went there as he has a good comfortable job at Bolton.

Bruce is a Geordie but again he has a nice job at Birmingham.

but what Manager in their right mind would want the Newcastle Job?.

they could pay me £50 Million a Year and i would'nt touch it because of that wanker Shepherd.

All the Scottish press as soon as any big job goes open start promoting Martin O Squeel. Tremendous job in Scotland blah blah blah blah. They are even trying to put him into the frame for the England job!

I wouldnt trust the fucker as far as I could throw him. Look at what he has actually won in England.

Yup, nothing. Long ball game, physical players with little or no brains. And thats exactly what he did in scotland. But the difference was if you are manager of Rangers or Celtic you will win things unless you fuck it up big time. But talk about a chip on his shoulder! It was an entire chip shop on each shoulder.

Archived