hello there I am a Newbee

well here goes my first post I am Australian coming to Thailand after 5 years away and i know everything must have changed as it does everywhere in the world.

As they say fore warned is fore armed any advice on which is the best nightlife area in Bangkok and what to look out for and although i have never tried it is it safe with the lady boys from Phatpong or exactly the same as everywhere just curious as they say nothing ventured nothing gained [color:"purple"] [/color] ::

Many thanks

Welcome aboard mate. Ah, a guy from the glory years. In the last 5 years prices for things went up about 50% and the new social order kicked in. That last part means strict closing times have been imposed (there are work arounds to this), showing and shows have been banished (though are starting to make a covert comeback), bargirls are supposed to be 20 or older (there are exceptions), random drug tests (though seems quiet on this front recently), and buying alcohol has black out periods everyday such as 2-5pm.

which is the best nightlife area in Bangkok

From a gogo perspective, Cowboy is very good right now. Try nana and patpong as well to see if they are to your liking.

what to look out for

Never follow a tout because he gets a cut and the place you will be brought to will be just a dodgy clip joint anyway. Always insist on the meter in a taxi or walk to the next one. Watch your bill and count your change at bars and restaurants, it will be padded in the establishments favor more often than you would think. If you agree on a LT and the girl wants to split after just a ST, give her 50 baht max and tell her you also reserved the right to change your mind.

is it safe with the lady boys from Phatpong

Risks are same with the girls. Best bet if new is to get one who works at a bar rather than freelances, lurking around the streets. The reason is ones in bars have their ID on file and are less likely to pull any stunts whereas freelancers can disappear. Also beware freelancer katoeys have a reputation for pick pocketing. In patpong King Castle III is primarily pre-op, King Corner has all post op, and Pinoccio is a beer bar with katoeys. Nana has the most ladyboys with 4 bars dedicated to them and Cowboy none as far as I have seen.

Many thanks

No worries mate. Just watch out for two people here, if livestocklover sees you typed that extra character in patpong he might be annoyed. And then there is old hippie who offers sexuality reminders about katoeys. It's a fun message board.

hey sossn - enjoy your time. Neo pretty much said it all. welcome back!

ohh perhaps I could recommend a masssage if I must.

get your ass to rachada(rachadaphisek) RD most easily by metro (sukhumvit/asoke station just under soi cowboy) & ride towards bangsue a few stations untill you reach thailand cultural center(ain't culture great!) & once out you cant miss it - at least at nighttime :hubba:

shouldn't cost you (much) more than 2000bt for a decent experience. ask for the rubber mattress slide ;)

Archived