An insider's view

quote:

Originally posted by Jonah:

She will either continue to work, or, more crucially, she will cheat on you with younger men. this may not be ground breaking news, but I witness it first hand. I talk to the girls about it. The girls trust me and like me because, like them, I am young and in many ways on their wavelength.

Yeah so what... I am also 'young', as are a number of guys on this board. I also spend (too) much time with bargirls, though I hesitate to say that I would want any of them as close friends.

I have seen bargirls be faithful towards their elderly foreign boyfriends. Granted, it's the minority, but it does happen. I've found that such girls are looking for security and a way out of the situation they are in. They might dump the older guy if a younger one comes around but only if the younger guy is willing to support her (emotionally and financially) in the same way.

And you know how butterflying younger guys can be...

Cheers!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can quite figure out what you`re trying to say with this post Jonah...

I am also a young guy ( actully youger than you ! ) who enjoys the pleasures a BG can give me. And I have prowled with a lot of "old" guys on my 3 trips to LOS this year and my experience is that we are all totally equal when it comes to the girls just as long as you pay !

IMHO I feel that the girls prefer an rather older man who can offer more of security than a youger guy could. As someone mentioned earlier, They "know" that a youger guy is more likely to butterfly and have no intention of marry here in the near future.

I think that many of the girls here is looking for some way to get out of the buisness and that is more likely to happen with an older guy. I get the feeling that you`re thinking of this in a "western way" , but love here is not the same as in the west.

And by the way, you say that you have becommed friends with theese girls and they tell you that they prefer younger guys... It hasn`t commed to your mind that they are most likely to say the same thing to an older guy about younger guys ???

When it all boiles down it`s all about the money and the security you can provide.

Thats my thoghts about this issue !

Cheers

quote:

I don't have a great deal of sympathy for you, because I think men who pay for it generally get what they deserve.

Jonas,

Please clarify?? What is it that they (we) deserve? You seem to be implying something here, so could you please just come out and say it?

I'm kind of baffled about assumtions you make about this boards members ("50 year old beer gut") And what post have you read that would lead you to belive that "a lot of you guys need a healthy dose of reality"?

Duhhh...Gee, thanks for having a firm grip on the obvious. At 52, I certainly have no illusions about the nature of the relationship between myself and the bargirls. I would think that it's quite natural for them to prefer Brad Pitt to my fifty-plus beer gut. That said, I'll muddy the waters of debate somewhat by adding that relationships, even among bargirls and their customers can be complex. My "steady" girl, whom I see on every trip is 29 and just gorgeous. She also considers herself an "old lady". While I laugh at this assessment, I realize that Thais seem to have a different attitude toward what constitutes an "old lady". This woman knows that I won't be sending along any money by mail so she'll stay out of the bar. She has never asked for any and won't. Neither of us has ever told the other "I love you", but I believe there's real affection there simply because of the "extras". What am I referring to? Home-cooked meals at her apartment, a fierce determination NOT to allow me to get ripped off by the two-tiered Thai pricing system, often times paying for our meals herself etc. etc ad infinitem. I haven't asked for, or gotten any "freebies" but I know that because I have graduated to the status of "friend", that If I had a need and no money, that it would be a case of "mai bpen rai". Bottom line: the girls have feelings too. They, like women all over the world, just adore a young, handsome guy, but be aware that there are variables and nuances to all relationships, not to mention exceptions. As a footnote, I will venture to suggest that your opinions may moderate and mutate over the next twenty-five years. Enjoy the ride.

Hi,

Believe this or believe it not. It's your choice.

I'm not 23, but wasn't much older when I started living here, and I don't have a clue as to whether or not I am good looking. I live in Thailand and a lot of my friends are young (and not so young) bargirls.

OK, my point. Stop kidding yourself. If you think you have a serious relationship with a girl who is just as broke as you are. Stop. Think about it. She will either continue to work, or, more crucially, she will cheat on you with older men. this may not be ground breaking news, but I witness it first hand. I talk to the girls about it. The girls trust me and like me because, like them, I am young and in many ways on their wavelength.

The girls I have met - and regard as good friends - are lovely. They are genuine, good people. But, they are like anyone in their situation, they are not attracted to young men without any money.

Think about it ok, just don't kid yourself.

I don't have a great deal of sympathy for you, because I think men who don't pay for it generally get what they deserve. At the same time I really do think a lot of you guys need a healthy dose of reality. These girls are young and they have no trouble attracting rich men. Are they really going to stay faithful to your 23 year old empty wallet? I think not.

Sorry if my tone is harsh. It is also realistic.

Sanuk!

quote:

Originally posted by BadaBing:

Agreed , but can I still wish that when I was 23 I coulda been hip-hopping to and from BKK with all my friends there being young BG's...Please Please Please ????

BadaBing

...yes, yes you can wish that, the other board members and I will allow it...! smile.gif" border="0

"Insider's view" - pretentious, moi?

Jonah - just curious - are you a bird?

I think spirit_of_town_hall and Khun Sanuk said it best, but I first came here when I was 24, and I'm having a better time now, seven years later - and the women seem to like me more. You've got to give these "old guys" some credit - they've (we've?) been through a few hoops already..

quote:

OK, my point. Stop kidding yourself. If you think you have a serious relationship with a girl 20 years younger than you. Stop. Think about it. She will either continue to work, or, more crucially, she will cheat on you with younger men. this may not be ground breaking news, but I witness it first hand. I talk to the girls about it. The girls trust me and like me because, like them, I am young and in many ways on their wavelength.

Jonah

Jonah, avoid the serious tone, stick to your good looks and spare us your knowledge on bar girls likes and dislikes. Your point stands as much as if some 65 Y.O. guy was posting saying "young guys, get real! if you think BGs like you, they like old men better because we have money... the reason why they are in the industry in the first place". i do not care about pay/no pay, if you like hanging around these babes, you're in it for the same reason than every other guy, 25 or 55. As for the wavelength, I can see the scoop from the morning headlines:

HOPE IN THIS WORLD AFTER ALL:

BGs GENUINELY BEFRIEND FARANG!

Archived