CK LO Returns

Hi Y'all,

No I'm not really from Texas...but I do travel there often. This is sort of a reunion homecoming for me. I came to the LOS initially back in the Fall of '99. I used to subscribe to ASFO (hopefully, not blasphemy around here) and met up with Khun Sanuk and his merry band of pranksters back in '99.

I recall walking into Woodstock for a Friday meeting on my second night in BKK. I was a complete "deer in the headlights" as I never imagined what Thailand was going to be like. I had only read what was previously posted on some obscure boards and I was armed with that little knowledge and no real experience.

Unfortunately, knowledge does not supplant experience. All I remember in the first meeting with Khun Sanuk is that he was generous with his time and "lechery" :o. I met so many fellow Sanunkers that night, I couldn't believe I had been so quickly indoctrinated into BKK brethren club.

That night was a blur...Hollywood, Angelwitch, VooDoo, etc. No early curfews then. Most of the dancers were completely unclothed. Body painting shows, lesbian shows, audience participation...the list goes on. I miss that era. It has changed dramatically in the last few years. I know you can find it if you look hard enough but I don't want to search that hard. I still enjoy myself immensely regardless of what the latest ruleset is being applied.

Some of the brethren took me to Thermae that night and put me through the paces there. Eventually back to Nana and I picked up a nice little gal named "Noo" (I think it meant mouse, and Khun Sanuk intro'd me to her) at one club. I was truly changed forever as it was my first barfine. I truly understood what everyone had written about and posted. I went to MPs, discos, soapies, street gals, Thermae, Beer Garden and other venues in the last six years or so. Each one of those experiences was something new and I repeated the things I enjoyed the most.

Fastforward to 2006. I've made at least a dozen sojourns into the LOS. I tie them in with business trips to Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Korea, Tokyo, Singapore and the Philippines. Thailand has a special place in my heart as I mandate a stopover in conjunction with each one of these trips to Asia. I also learn something new on each trip.

Recently, I flew the first set of direct flights from Los Angeles to BKK on Thai Air. Yes, 17.5 hours out and about 14 hours back. I am lucky enough to be put in either First or Business for all of my travels to Asia but the direct adds a whole new dimension for travelling to BKK.

Since my first trip in '99, I've been able to add a couple of languages including some Japanese, Korean and Thai to my vocab. Far from being fluent but good enough to fool the locals and get in to trouble with the girls. I'm Chinese American, and speak Spanish and Cantonese fairly well. I know that speaking the local language definitely adds a dimension to the Sanuk factor.

I will be flying back to BKK in late March 06 and want to re-acquaint or meet some of the members on this very cool board. I look forward to meeting all of you at Gulliver's on a Friday. As usual, my homebase will be Majestic Suites.

I'll be posting some of my own experiences along with some of my friend's adventures in the upcoming weeks. My best buddy has posted his little adventure/diatribe on BKK and I would love to see what the real "locals" think.

In the meantime, "Sawadee Krup" to all.

Archived