flying chicken restaurant

paul101

It's called gratorn (sp) at bang na trat and very famous with appearances on TV and in foreign press articles, however I have never seen many tourists there. The place is not far from one of the famous roller skating restaurants. It's partly an outside restaurant with a stage, and in recent years they have added a lot of karaoke rooms down one side. I first went there in 1999 and then it was very good.

The party piece of the place is the way it serves up the roast chicken, it gets fired from a device for the waiter to catch it on a uni cycle before serving it to the customer, well this place is in thailand :: It's fame is also based on it's caberet show which has always included very young girls made up and wriggling around mimming to songs.

The last time I went there in Jan will probably be the last as the service was terrible and the grown up singers very poor. I don't mind the rice turning up 10 minutes after the rest of the food but 40 mins is taking the piss a bit. When we asked they kept saying it was being cooked. When we asked why the singers were able to be served rice we just got a dirty look. On the plus side it does have a kiddie play area outside and the toilets are very good but they certainly have gone downhill, even the chicken shooting was not what it once was.

Quite popular with thais for the karaoke rooms which are often full up.

Archived