visa interview at UK embassy

paul101

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the embassy website it says no particular documentation except letter of invitation/sponsorship then when you turn up with a wad load of stuff they seem to try and pick holes in it. Of course I understand it's their job to establish a real relationship and an intention to return to LOS but they seem to apply the policy in a strange way. I mean how do these blokes get visas for a women they have just gone to thailand to marry the day before who have never been in the country previous? Just have to play the game and keep trying. I'll get on the bus into town later and it'll be full of 'asylum seekers' on a permanent bloody holiday! What makes me laugh is why they think everyone wants to stay here, I mean who does except penniless peasants, everyone I know wants to leave!

I sympathise with you on this.

I've seen a recent rejection report for a holiday visa application a girl asked me to look over. Reading through so much underlyness nastiness, I had to ask: "Did you get seen by a big fat white woman?"

Yep. :doah:

There seem to be thousands of new East Europeans and Africans walking our streets but it's rare that I ever see a Thai. As you say, it's not even as if most Thai girls would want to stay long in our cold, dull and unfriendly, shitty-food country. :doah:

What would we be trying to protect ourself from anyway? Worst case - a girl would quietly set herself up as a prostitute, work and spend that money on things in our economy, like rent, food, etc... instead of scrounging off our state? :dunno:

Guest lazyphil

<<it's not even as if most Thai girls would want to stay long in our cold, dull and unfriendly, shitty-food country. >>

england is many times more friendly to a thai than vice versa (but of course thais smile more than brits, but thats not a marker for friendlyness!!!)....what makes los less dull than the uk?...thank god/buddha/allah/ there are pockets of england left than are as beautiful/undull, if not more so, than los....shitty food huuh, tell your mum that :scared: ....at least we have seasons here instead of constant heat, and 12 hour day/nights, thats what i call dull........of course i like los, i just get niggly hearing whingebags ragging england ::

I like spicy food. But if you eat more than a smidgeon of garlic or chilli in the UK, you get most of the office going "eeeugh!" at you the next morning. English palates are typically bland and our shops cater for this. :down:

Dull? Look at the life left in any English town after 9pm. No street stalls, no bustle. Most things closed up, hardly anyone around, most people all keeping to themselves in their little suburban homes. I find it dull compared to Bangkok.

Oh yeah, and the birds are fatter. Get some of those Thai birds in to lessen the average arse size, please! :D

Dull? Look at the life left in any English town after 9pm. No street stalls, no bustle. Most things closed up, hardly anyone around, most people all keeping to themselves in their little suburban homes. I find it dull compared to Bangkok.

Are you comparing an English town to Bangkok? Hardly seems like a fair comparison. My wife's village in Isaan is excruciatingly dull after 9PM. I'd take life in farangland over that any day.

How about goings on in London vs Bangok?

Archived