visa interview at UK embassy

paul101

If you're already married (in Thailand but not in Britain), why don't you apply for a fiancee visa? I've heard they are much more difficult to refuse, mainly because you don't have to show that she won't stay there. It'll actually cut down the requirements while guaranteeing her a right to stay there. The only condition is that you have to marry her within the six months given otherwise she'll be chucked out (and you might not be trusted if you apply too soon for the same kind of visa again). But that shouldn't be a problem for you, should it, unless you don't want to legally marry her in Britain with all the rights that might give her...

The girl whose holiday visa application was rejected was staying with a friend who'd successfully applied for a fiancee visa. From the documentation I saw, her fiancee was just a normal working class bloke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul-

I am just back from lunch and have some news for you. On Monday I can provide you with more.

It appears that:

-Applying for the "wrong visa" for a wife activates every alarm bell. If she is a "wife" why is she not treated like a wife (without the " ")? Most men want to be with their wives and you need to show that.

-Character of the applicants is important and this is the area where you fell so far down. I can tell you by PM if you would like or am more than willing to put your private information on the board but would only do so with your permission. We all have a right to have our privacy respected- even someone with the history that you have.

So, in short, her visa will most likely be approved once only but it will take more time.

While that application is being processed other information is now being associated with your real identity, past board names through various bans, and, most importantly, recent admissions which open up a whole new line of inquiry into your suitability as a husband, educator, even tourist..

My best guess is that it will come down to you having to come to Thailand at some point if she is ever to receive any sort of visa past the initial one that may or may not be approved. Looking at this from a purely business point of view, the hassle factor involved in having a relationship with you, where the return is so low in both economic and social terms, may very well lead her to rethink the situation and seek a real man who can be a real a partner. You should consider being honest with her as far as not being able to come here.

Best of luck to you in discovering a new country, culture and, hopefully, woman willing to spend time with you.

You were given a deadline to issue an apology after being told very clearly how much your life would change if you failed to do so. You chose not to.

Government offices are open on Monday. Would be happy to pass on your complaints and comments for you at the embassy as I am there anyway.

I don't know how it works with the UK Embassy here, but I know that American and most Latin American diplomats greatly appreciate being called bastards and other names as it makes their job so much more interesting and enjoyable.

Archived