visa interview at UK embassy

paul101

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think that would do any good, when Blunket was Home Secretary one of the reasons he had to go was fast tracking a visa for his tarts nanny-even he had trouble doing it and he was in charge! I have sent emails to the embassy and so has the mrs-all ignored. If you start asking them questions they don't like at the interview they just turn of the mike and walk away so the mrs said. Better just to follow ze orders and try to provde them with the evidence they want. latest is they asked for the freedom to marry form which I brought home. Now you cannot get married without one, but when the mrs showed them the mariage cert he said it could be a forgery and wants to see the form they stamped and charged me for, and presumably still have a record of as it was only 7 weeks back. Maybe he'll think that's a forgery too?

But you aren't asking for fast tracking. You are asking for just due process.

If you get denied, you should get a reason why. If that doesn't make sense and you have a good argument for your case you should escalate it.

For an American, that means writing your congressperson. Congress is much different than the embassy.

Also, WHY are you listening to your Thai wife about YOUR embassy?

When you are in your embassy, you are not in Thailand. Embassy employees are government employees and work for the public.

They have no right to turn off the mike and walk away from you if you ask a legitimate question.

Or is the UK embassy that different from the US embassy?

<<burp>>

I am not there she is, they seem highy beauracratic to me. When the freedom to marry form I typed out had a slight error I had to rush down the road to get it re typed, you cannot just alter it with a pen or write out again in pen. Could write to my MP but it's quicker to appeal or re apply.

I think it's a bit diiferent to the USA, we are subjects of the Crown and tend to see 'them' as doing us a favour, whereas you as a citizen with a bill of rights and a constitution probably see them being there to serve you. I think this affects the way they treat us, I could be wrong though. Should never have had another monarch after Cromwell.

All incredibly frustrating and I sympathise with you.

I hope to try and visit the UK this year with my other half and it will be interesting to see what happens. We both live together but not in LOS - neighbouring country. It has been so hard but so far achieveable to maintain a visa for her to stay here (this country has squeaky clean immigration rules). We have just signed up as 'common law' husband and wife to obtain a long term visa and that needed some serious paperwork including a letter from the British Embassy - though they did it on the spot!

They also said that the visa application could be made from here rather than the British Embassy in BKK as we were both legally living here - I wonder if, having obtained the status that we have here it will be any easier? They know we have to come back here so maybe it will be different but I still rather dread her having to go through some sort of inquisition just to visit a country for two weeks. The only other saving grace seems to be that they give a reply within 3 working days and the number of applicants is minimal so not such a hassle as BKK.

We shall see..... but good luck for your on-going application.

Chokdee!

bibblies said:

I sympathise with you on this.

I've seen a recent rejection report for a holiday visa application a girl asked me to look over. Reading through so much underlyness nastiness, I had to ask: "Did you get seen by a big fat white woman?"

Yep. :doah:

There seem to be thousands of new East Europeans and Africans walking our streets but it's rare that I ever see a Thai. As you say, it's not even as if most Thai girls would want to stay long in our cold, dull and unfriendly, shitty-food country. :doah:

What would we be trying to protect ourself from anyway? Worst case - a girl would quietly set herself up as a prostitute, work and spend that money on things in our economy, like rent, food, etc... instead of scrounging off our state? :dunno:

same in Switzerland; we are flooted with uneducated ex-Jugoslavians, East Europeans, Africans, Turks etc. I wondering daily how easy it is for them to get in my country, become a permanent stay visa, bring then a bit later their lazy families who all takes full welfare and plunder our Social secure benefits.

These all under the eyes of the Green and the left wing parties.

But if a Thai wants a Holiday Visa at the Swiss Embassy, and also if she can showing enough money for that trip, the Embassy will make a red tape and

a big show about all papers she has to fill.

My GF wondering often, when she is for a visit here, why our politicans not take care the own people first.

These conditions makes me daily more sick and angry.

:fever: :onfire: :barf:

No idea before how difficult this visa stuff is, there is a lot about it on thai visa of course, one guy used to be a clearance officer I think so they know a lot about it.

The problem seems you have to apply once to find out what they are going to fail you on, then some of the objections can be almost impossible to satisfy. It's a waste of time appealing as that takes months, so you may have to apply 2-3 times to be successful. One of the objections to the mrs getting a visa was that i only go to LOS 2 times a year, but they will not say how many times would satisfy them. I imagine if I were going 8 times a year they could say he comes so often (ha ha) you don't need to visit him in the UK. Seems you can't win but I wonder if some of the interviewers are worse than others?

I know that the UK Embassy does not have the patent on hassles for visas.

I was assisting a friend of mine to get a visa to the USA.

She is married to an American.

I helped her do all the paperwork, etc.

She went for the interview, as previously she had a three year visa, but this time she was denied.

The Embassy person said that they were afraid that she would stay in the USA and not return to Thailand...OK...she is married to a USA citizen...she can get a green card and stay forever in the USA!

How do they find these idiots that work in the Embassy??? ::

Archived