10 Hints that your TBG is a keeper

Lamock Chokaprret

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the gal was the queen of Saba I wouldn't keep her, since I belive for your thai gf to be truly happy you have to have a thai approach to the relationship i.o.w do it thai style. I refuse to change my ways since I am born farang and always be a farang. I know many of you here don't approve of that but everyones different. I once in my life almost did everything I could to be so much thai I could. Learn the language, adapt the style, hang out with thai ppl and all thai oriented stuff I could come up with caz I was so damn hooked on Thailand, then I realised how stupid it is to try to eradicate yourself. Now I rather go to LOS as a stupid tourist, have my fun and hopefully returns home without any adresses, email adds and phone numbers as extra luggage. Just my point of view here guys I don't mean any harm, I love you all regardless! smile.gif" border="0

Whosyourdaddy said:

quote:

Whatever happen for keeping a women for love, respect, mutual outlook on life, friendship. Something like a tatoo is so trival.

Knew I'd get some flack for that one. While I don't like the look of tattoos cosmetically, that is not the reason it's included here. My g/f told me that she had considered getting a tattoo shortly after entering the scene. She said 'I wanted to hurt myself.' She settled for a minor piercing which she eventually gave up. The point I was trying to make is that, anyone that willing to hurt themselves will probably not hesitate to hurt someone else as well. Perhaps I'm also colored by not ever having known a single girl in the US that had a tattoo and was what I considered to be a 'quality' girl.

Similar to Khun Sanuk's suggestion, BelgianBoy added:

quote:

she waies you when greeting you and sniff-kiss you spontaniuosly

Thanking you is a pretty common courtesy, so I didn't include it here (common sense?). But it doesn't hurt to get a thank you and a wai. The sniff-kiss is something else. Apparently this is a pretty intimate Thai gesture and I'd be wary if she did it too early into a relationship. My TGF didn't start doing it until we'd been living together for about four months. I think it's kind of cute myself.

Tycona said:

quote:

she cries when you are going back home

but I'm afraid I'd have to go with BelgianBoy's response on that one. Crying is easily faked -- I've known several women that could spontaneously spurt tears whenever they wanted. But Tycona's other suggestion that 'you catch them looking at you' or something like that has a lot of merit. After all, don't we do it too.

Some other good points here as well. I'm surprised no one has suggested length of time in the biz. I considered that one and left it off as well.

And for the record, I don't mind a bit of cynicism in this thread. As I said, I'm really a cynic myself. Need to keep things light-hearted or this could be boring reading. And a reality check is good.

Lamock

Good list of traits. I actually saw a person like that years ago. But it can be a roose. It was a BG and she did all of the things on your list, for one of two reasons --- either her interest was geniune, or she was trying to do all the right things to hook me. I suspect it was the latter to this day.

There are those that don't have all the best qualities who are geniune ironically. I won't go into those. It's just my opinion that what counts in the end is if two people will stay together despite their differences because they like what is being offered in the relationship. If it works for you despite the quality or honesty/dishonesty/etc. then it's up to you. With the understanding (obviously), that however geniune someone is, incompatibility makes it hard to stay together

ABC

O.K. I kept mine. I married her almost a year ago; and, I have never been happier

in my life. Not everything was perfect, just as no human is perfect. You have to be able to cope with her past, and she with yours.

She treats me like no other lady ever did;

and, I would do anything for her. My wish

is that this offers hope to any of you that

fall in love with someone who has worked in

the 'scene.'

quote:

Originally posted by New Petchburi Pete:

O.K. I kept mine. I married her almost a year ago; and, I have never been happier

in my life. Not everything was perfect, just as no human is perfect. You have to be able to cope with her past, and she with yours.

She treats me like no other lady ever did;

and, I would do anything for her. My wish

is that this offers hope to any of you that

fall in love with someone who has worked in

the 'scene.'

Good for you, Pete! I'm always pleased to hear BG stories with happy endings. Just goes to show that BGs DO have hearts and that sometimes it CAN be love. Hope everything works out good for you and your heart's desire.

- FB

Cynisism is my specialty. Keeps me from getting burned.

How about "my bargirl is different". That basically ties in with all the rest of the points. The problem is that this is the one that burns most guys. They WANT to believe SOoo much that their bargirl is different from all the rest that they ignore the warning signs. These would be the things in a list entitled "10 hints your bargirl is not a keeper". Instead, they choose to focus on the above mentioned traits(deceptions?).

smile.gif" border="0 Hi Lamock....In response to your post...I'm back from my first time trip to Thailand....

I have listened to and posted to this group several months before going...and didnt believe that my life would ever be the same after returning....well,I've been home 1 week,and have been sick and depressed crazy.gif" border="0 I want to be back there...and the reason is ...well of course...I meet a great girl....and here is my question to you and the group...

First...she has all your qualities except...she has a cel phone...whats up with that..??

Yes...she was a freelancer...not a bar girl,but from what I've read in the group,really not much difference except the Bar Fine....

I was with several BG's before I meet her...but decided to spend my last week with just her...and now I've been struck by the Bangkok Bug....

She took me to the Airport...I left her crying...and we have E-mailed everyday since I've been home....

Is this a dream....or is this Newbee being taken for a ride....she never asked for money...feed me...all that you said.... wink.gif" border="0 HELP....Advice?? How is a guy to know what is real in this Fantasy Land they call BANGKOK?? crazy.gif" border="0

Ricoman1

P.S..Beebee..if your out there contact me...had a great time meeting you in Bangkok..want to know if you made it home safe to S.F. and how its going with your girl.....Ricoman1

Archived