10 Hints that your TBG is a keeper

Lamock Chokaprret

I haven't seen this one mentioned.

She tells you the truth!

I am talking about when u have figured out if she is a blatant liar or saving face. The face thing is strong but when u confront her she knows when u want the honest truth and tell u vs. defaulting to the "face saving truth".

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABC wrote: >Good list of traits. I actually saw a person like that years ago. But it can be a roose. It was a BG and she did all of the things on your list, for one of two reasons --- either her interest was geniune, or she was trying to do all the right things to hook me. <

I agree that sometimes it is impossible to be sure if she is straight, or turns on all the desired behaviours and attributes simply because she is one step ahead of you, has you sussed, and knows what will win your trust.

I was absolutely sure last year that my GF was totally straight and perfect, e.g never asked me for $$ (Not until much later of course) had no cellphone (got one a few months later, told me when I was paying too much, looked at me when I wasn't looking etc etc.

But as much as I am fond of her, I've had to admit after more than a year that some of what I thought was perfection was in fact a combination of her superb acting skills and my wishful thinking.

She is with me now, I enjoy her being with me, but I don't have an illusion of perfect virtue on her part, just like she knows I am far from perfect. She accepts most of my imperfections, I accept (most of ) hers.

I think anyone that is put on too high a pedestal will eventually fall off and hurt themselves as well as the one they fall on.

smile.gif" border="0 Very true and well said,Phoenix.Guess its really the same over in Bangkok as the rest of the world....one can never really know a person fully,and can only hope for the best...Its just that the Thai girls are all such charmers..it can really fog you mind crazy.gif" border="0 But after being in several relationships with American girls...and one marriage....AND...having dated and lived in Costa Rica..which was my first choice over Thailand 6 years ago...I have found that the Latin girls are not all they are talked up to be...and have terrible tempers.... shocked.gif" border="0 So...I was hopeing not to make the same mistake with a Thai girl...but who knows...I though the girl from Costa Rica was close to perfect....but have learned..no one is... frown.gif" border="0

Guess I will have to decide if I want to take a chance again for a serious relationship...or just keep playing the field....

Ricoman1 crazy.gif" border="0

You can probably add a lot more. I agree strongly with the tattoo part (sorry whoisyourdaddy) not so much for the tattoo itself but what it represents.

I disagree with the cell phone part. That may have been true a couple of years ago but these days I challange you to find ANY girl or person for that matter in Bangkok who doesnt have a cell phone.

Ricoman:

You may have gotten lucky. Just remain cynical and follow the situation closely. Get back to LOS and spend more time with the girl ASAP. It is you that will have to decide in the long run whether it will work.

The cell phone may not be that big a thing. But maybe it is. I found mine without a cell phone about a year ago. I think this relates more to how long she's been in the business. Stickman says more than 45 days and they're a lost cause (sorry Stick if I paraphrased poorly). And that is probably a correct estimate + or - one month. The point is, would they rather spend 1200 baht a month on a cell phone or send that 1200 baht to their parents up country? Which girl would you rather hang with? Of course, some of these ladies hold economics degrees and realize the cell phone can help enhance their revenue stream.

JOBONZA may be right though, that finding one without a cell phone nowadays may be impossible. But keep in mind, if she's getting a lot of calls on it, that may be a bad sign in itself because it means she's really popular. Popularity can lead to an addiction and it's called making too much money.

JJSUSHI added:

quote:

They tell the truth.

Great point! And now, if I was clairvoyant I'd know immediately when the truth they tell me is the Truth! Not a point of view. Not a fabrication impossible to verify. I specifically omitted this one because of the verification issue. But I will add another:

9) She appears within 15 minutes of the stated time for any appointment with you. She can be late meeting others but meeting you on time is important to her.

ricoman,

I would remember one thing: supporting her and her family is a "vanilla" state with BGs, it's always there, it's expected from a 30 and 70yrs old farang.

A very important thing is - does she have a boyfriend/husband? IMHO, one good lead is if she has some money saved in the bank. Husbands/BFs don't let the money pile up too high.

Now it starts: how enjoyable would it be for her to be with you. What is the difference in age and looks to start with. IMHO, the closer she is to what you could score at home higher the chances it may work. Certainly, the TBGs show a higher tolerance than farang girls.

A "take care of me" relationship/marriage with one of us, in this case yourself, that's what many of the BGs (with no TBFs) are there for.

If there are no striking diffs, some more time spent together may just enhance the experience. If you could, try to see her 2-3 more times, you may well see her opening to you even wider.

Wish you are in for a good times with her.

• 2 weeks later...

smile.gif" border="0 Hi LAMOCK and LAZARO,

Thanks for thanking the time to help me out,and the good advice wink.gif" border="0 I agree fully with you both....

And now after being home 3 weeks,more confused thaan I've even been in my life..and I'm 46... crazy.gif" border="0 See,this girl that I thought was perfect and SINCERE..well she wrote me everyday for about 10 days,even sent photos...then all of a sudden..nothing frown.gif" border="0

Have not heard from her in 9-10 days...I even wrote her and told her if she wasnt interested,just write me and let me know that she is at least OK...still nothing..and to think...I was checking air fares to go back to see her....Maybe there is a good reason she has not wrote...but very strange,wouldnt you say....

Cant figure it out with these girls...and I would really like to meet one that is for real....I'm not ugly...keep fit..dress well..and have money...semi-retired...own home....What do these girls want crazy.gif" border="0 Even told her that in the future I wouldnt mind living there... crazy.gif" border="0

Oh Well...life goes on...

Say..anyone know any sites on the web where you can meet a real Thai girl...Maybe even one that has a Visa to come here already.. tongue.gif" border="0

Well...everyone in the group have a Great and Safe New Years.... laugh.gif" border="0

Ricoman1

quote:

Originally posted by ricoman1:

smile.gif" border="0
....well,I've been home 1 week,and have been sick and depressed
crazy.gif" border="0
I want to be back there...and the reason is ...well of course...I meet a great girl....and here is my question to you and the group...

First...she has all your qualities except...she has a cell phone...whats up with that..??

Yes...she was a freelancer...not a bar girl,but from what I've read in the group,really not much difference except the Bar Fine....

...now I've been struck by the Bangkok Bug....

...Is this a dream....or is this Newbee being taken for a ride....she never asked for money...feed me...all that you said....
wink.gif" border="0
HELP....Advice?? How is a guy to know what is real in this Fantasy Land they call BANGKOK??
crazy.gif" border="0

Ricoman1

One point about the "ten points": The cell phone issue is passe. There was a bias against them when they were so expensive. If your true love had one, someone else bought if for her. That was when they cost 7-8k baht. Now they are down to 1,500 or so and everyone has one. No problem. A cell phone is a smart choice. Most of the ladies I know use them to keep in touch with family and children. I like to call them when I want to see them. They're good.

Ricoman1,

It sounds like you should be confused! It's okay. You are caught up in BKK and in love with a working girl. I am in love with a working girl in BKK and it's just fine for me. The cynics try to shoot me down (read my post "GF Challenges Mr. Fight for your Baht" It is all about this subject. Especially along about page 2 after I got her last emails), but they don't like to take any chances.

I am not saying throw caution to the wind. By all means guard your heart and your wallet. I do. But don't let the cynics tell you that all the girls are the same.

There is only one remedy for the Bangkok Bug, otherwise known as the Bangkok Blues. The remedy is a plane ticket. Upon my last return I went straight to the travel agent. This time I bought my next trip's tickets before I left Thailand.

And yes, I think there is not much difference between a bar girl and a freelancer. I feel the bars are kind of like factories, and my experience with freelancers hasn't had that feel. But I don't go with "stunners." Beautiful freelancers probably get more action than is good for their attitudes.

Best of luck to you.

Choke dee.

Zane

Believe it or not:

I borrowed my gf 2 yrs ago 300,000 Baht

to finish bulding her house.

First she put the money into her bankaccount.

After a while she get about same account

from her old parents. After that, i was more than suprised, she gave me (my) 300,000 Baht

back!!!

Of course she still my gf... smile.gif" border="0

Archived