10 Hints that your TBG is a keeper

Lamock Chokaprret

Ricoman1,

I've been through days or weeks when my BGF was not writing to me - all of a sudden, after 2-3 mails and photos a day - nothing.

Since my last visit to BKK, she changed one thing - now she is telling me where she is going to be, no more sick mother/father etc.

Here is her mail:

..about next month... I will travel with my friend ...at Patong Beach ( There located is Phuket ) You might want to know that I will go with who?? I'll be going with ******* ... but I think i can come back ... before learning

Then, I asked her what was going to happen to her school that is due to start middle of that stay in Phuket:

I'll going to Patong on dd nd Jan til dd th Jan. BecauseI told them already I can not stay long, My class will open on dd.mm.yy

NB: I paid for that training course.

So, here we are: she is still working, no surprises to anyone.

As part of her business she is being taken to enhance somebody's holiday experience.

If I wanted her to stop working, well, we all know what they want in return.

In February I'll be meeting her again to see how serious she can be about that and what plans (if any) I can draw with her.

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Lazaro ]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rico,

Remember one thing. Just because she hasn't contacted you doesn't mean she is avoiding you. She may have returned home to her village for a holiday, if she's from a village, where she has no access to a computer or an internet cafe. Where my wife is from there is no access to the internet. Hell, there aren't even any land phone lines in the village to connect you to the interenet, something I hope to have rectified soon. It is an hour's drive to the nearest city with an internet shop.

So it may not be as you think. Then again it may be, and you should forget her and move on. Just use your head, the big one, and take it slow and easy. Even if you find one you think is a keeper you have to take your time and get to now each other, to find your mutual interests, and to develop a true relationship based on other than a financial one, and this can be very hard to do. Another thing is to spend lots of time with her AWAY from the scene. Plus how often can you actually go to see her? Once or twice a year? Three times? It's hard to do this for most people even when they live in the same town, being 9,000 miles away and seeing her a couple times a year makes it damned near impossible.

The mobile phone thing has changed over the past couple of years. They are much cheaper now than before. But still expensive enough to make one wonder why the hell she has one if she's supporting the family with her earnings and not just using it to keep in contact with her many clients.

Don't know why I posted this, but hopefully you'll heed my advice to take it slow and easy. Yeah, you can find a keeper over there, but the dangers are many, and the scams abound. Keep one hand on your wallet and a clear head on your shoulders. Common sense should prevail in all you consider doing. The problem is that common sense ain't so common.

Cent

p.s. How old is the woman?

smile.gif" border="0 Hi All...Wanted to thank everyone for their ideas,advice and input...

To CENTS...she is 31...not a young one,so that is one reason I figured she might be on the up and up...but its been over 3 weeks now and still nothing,so I stopped writing her,and will be moving on.Yes..she was going upcountry to visit family and told me there would be no computers,BUT she was also suppose to write me BEFROE she left,which she didnt...and she should be home by now according to what she had told me. crazy.gif" border="0

I've learned alot reading different threads on this group,and she could have a dozen of us dreamers strung out...maybe waiting for the best offer.I know at one point when I was with her she had said that if she only had 10,000 Bhat a month she could quit her job....well I didnt tell her,but that would be no problem for me,or traveling to see her 34-5 times a year..but for me,she is the one that would of had to prove she was for real BEFORE I start shelling out the bucks.

Just glad she didnt really string me along,cause I was really in a daze when I returned.... laugh.gif" border="0 Still in a little daze....but the fog is lifting and I'm starting to see reality again,and as everyone says...take it slow and watch out.It really doesnt matter what country you find the girls in..they are all the same...either good or bad,and its really hard to figure them out.

I will return for sure...how couldnt I,its a great country,and a dream come true...but second time I will be armed with lots more knowledge thanks to this group...and I'm going to try some of the Internet sites for Thai girls that have been recommended to be in another post. laugh.gif" border="0

Thanks again,Ricoman1

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

Ricoman:

Stickman says more than 45 days and they're a lost cause (sorry Stick if I paraphrased poorly). .

If sticks says that, he does not know shit! Or maybe, it's his BKK experience (Gee! how bad a city is it?).I know dozens of girls in Pattaya, not one of them fits that time period. And they are certainly not a lost cause. No more than a sex tourist is a lost cause for love. How about dropping the stats and see the life of these women as they live it everyday. Should taking care of one's family/kid and not trusting men be defined as a lost cause?

tongue.gif" border="0 Hey Pattaya...I agree totally with you...they do need to take care of family and kids and we shouldnt drop evrything and change their lifes because some guy smiles at them....BUT...on the other hand,they are going to have to learn to trust a little,just as we guys have to try and trust them...or they will never get a chance to change their lives for the better and maybe get out of the business.Case in point...the girl I met...she said she wanted 5to get out of the business and beable to be with me...maybe start a little business..etc...and now I'm not bragging or gods gift to woman by any means,but I'm 46,semi-retired business owner,very easy on the eyes,own 3 homes..and dont really have to worry about money much...everything to offer this girl..and still she lies,and makes me think she is interested.All I can say is that she really blew it,because I was really very interested and sincere to her.They need to change their way of thinking and learn to trust us nice guys...we are not all just customer and jerks.

OK..got that off my chest laugh.gif" border="0

Keep up the good posts everyone...maybe someday we will figure out this Thai girl thing...I really dont think so...but its nice to dream.

Ricoman1 laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by ricoman1:

tongue.gif" border="0
Hey Pattaya...I agree totally with you...they do need to take care of family and kids and we shouldnt drop evrything and change their lifes because some guy smiles at them....BUT...on the other hand,they are going to have to learn to trust a little,just as we guys have to try and trust them...or they will never get a chance to change their lives for the better and maybe get out of the business.Case in point...the girl I met...she said she wanted 5to get out of the business and beable to be with me...maybe start a little business..etc...and now I'm not bragging or gods gift to woman by any means,but I'm 46,semi-retired business owner,very easy on the eyes,own 3 homes..and dont really have to worry about money much...everything to offer this girl..and still she lies,and makes me think she is interested.All I can say is that she really blew it,because I was really very interested and sincere to her.They need to change their way of thinking and learn to trust us nice guys...we are not all just customer and jerks.

OK..got that off my chest
laugh.gif" border="0

Keep up the good posts everyone...maybe someday we will figure out this Thai girl thing...I really dont think so...but its nice to dream.

Ricoman1
laugh.gif" border="0

great post Ricoman. My experience with 'working" girls, and the G/F right now is not that they are bad, and a lost cause, but have a lot of anger contained inside of them, and that anger will erupt in a Long term relationship like the one i have now. it can be very destructive and self-destructive, as well. All the frustrations build up from the time they are kids, then pregnant by a no good thai B/F or husband as teenagers, maybe raped or molested by a family member or a supervisor at work, etc.. We farangs are at the receiving end of their whole life trajectory, and it can be hard, especially when you are not perfect. i butterflied a couple times in 2 years, and on a bad day, she will easily recalls the whole incidents over and over again, plus all countless little misunderstandings, things she reaclled i said though i never said them, you know that shit. What she did wrong to me, on the other end, i should not talk about it. Easier this way. LOL

At this hour, she has wanted to see me, but only lashed at again at "what i did to her" before. Love/hate relationship, i guess. What makes the world turn, you 'll tell me? Another round, please....

Originally posted by pattaya127:

great post Ricoman. My experience with 'working" girls, and the G/F right now is not that they are bad, and a lost cause, but have a lot of anger contained inside of them, and that anger will erupt in a Long term relationship like the one i have now. it can be very destructive and self-destructive, as well. All the frustrations build up from the time they are kids, then pregnant by a no good thai B/F or husband as teenagers, maybe raped or molested by a family member or a supervisor at work, etc..

Pataya127, Thanks for the insight. This is I guess what you have to deal with in a day to day basis. Very tiring just to hear it. But I'm sure there must be some other rewards too otherwise you would have left her?

Yes, most of them have a very hard life. It goes with them whether you like it or not. Sorry to hear that.

Someone wanted an imput from me?

I couldn't come up with anything - sorry. I'm not familiar of the bgs. But I think if you take things slowly and very carefully with your eyes open and also use your head not your - you know wink.gif" border="0 ,everything should be fine.

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

Archived