10 Hints that your TBG is a keeper

Lamock Chokaprret

Pattaya127 said:

quote:

i am tired of guys on this list, who volunteer their stereotypical opinions when it's not even asked of them.

Here, here! Agree 110%. Unfortunately, as many more learned men have noted before me, one trip to Thailand seems to make anyone an expert. And all are entitled to their opinions.

Later comments (by others) seem to take on a somewhat snobbish tone about what would you possibly want to talk about with an Issan girl of low education. Talk about love for each other. Talk about food, weather, what went on during the day. Or that TV show you just watched. Or (heaven forbid) learn a little Thai from the girl. I never have a problem finding things to talk about with my girl. Just because we're not discussing the nature of a photon crossing the event horizon of a black hole, doesn't mean that the conversation isn't meaningful. After all, I wasn't attracted to this girl in the first place because she's a rocket scientist.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well when I met her this last time she had bought a thai-english book and we did talk about "real stuff" since bouth she and I looked up the words for the questions we wanted to ask and the answers. She gave me this book when I left so that I can learn a little thai and well I am trying. Next time I come we will go to her homevillage. I have now actually started to look for jobs in Bangkok (I would have done this even if I hadn´t met her SE asia is the place I want to live in again I lived there for a few years earlier in my life). There is just something about her that makes me trust her...

quote:

On another note, remember most of the conversations you've had with BGs, especially the ones you've been with for a couple of days. An absolute joy and constant smiles. Now imagine the same words conversed with a girl from your own country. I did this and would have to say if I had those conversations with a girl from my country I think she or both of us were severely mentally retarted.

QB]

It cracks me up everytime a guy brings up having an intellectual conversation with a girl as a reason that you wouldn't want to be with a BG long term. How many guys actually discuss university level science, politics, philosophy,art on an everyday basis with a woman?

The everyday conversation is the same for most women fashion, entertainment, gossip, emotional issues and relationships. The difference between a woman in your own country and the BG is the way the conversation is influenced by cultural background.

An uneducated BG is not brain dead and an educated woman is not a genius. I think too many naysayers on this board confuse education with intelligence. I would prefer an intelligent uneducated woman to an unintelligent educated woman anyday. Let's not also forget that the depth of the conversation is dependent on your language skills. You want to communicate betterwith a BG or any Thai for that manner, then learn Thai.

I can honestly say that I have only had one truly "intellectual" conversation with a woman. I was a student at university and the girl was attending on a student visa from India. She was average looking yet after talking with her for 3 hours I wanted to shag the hell out of her. She was brilliant and she turned me on!

quote:

Originally posted by swede221:

Hi!!

I am now in a relationship with a BG that fits your "description" exactly. I met her the first time I was in BKK and has after that gone back to BKK 3 times in 6 months and will go back in 8 weeks again. The agedifference between us is only 4 years and I have real conversations with her via email since she uses a translator. I do love her and she wants to stay with me forever but she is scared of moving from Thailand she says and wants me to move to BKK. I have called her every day now so I will probably get a shock when I get the bill but hey you only live once and I feel that she is worth it. Every single girl in the bar(including the mamasan) where she works says to me that my girlfriend talks about me every day and always talks about how much she loves me . She has told me stories about her childhood that I am not ashamedof saying brought tears to my eyes. If there is any way that she can live with me I WILL take it, I feel that she is worth it. I have never felt like this for any girl. There are wonderful sweet girls out there, but the only way that you will be able to meet them is if you treat the girls good and with the outmost respect...

By the way does anyone know how I should go about to get a job in BKK. I am young soon to graduate from University (MBA). Grateful for all help concerning securing a job in BKK.

Read your post made me feel a bit worried.

I have German friend he used to worked with me. He's date with BG from soi Cowboy. We all in the office knew about it as he kept talking about her. He always told us his g/f was different from the other.

Sometime she had night out with us. Nobody in my office care about her job, we treated with her same as friend. But the way she acted kinda weird, she never talked. So silent. My friend told me later her English very poor, she couldn't understand if the sentence too long or difficult.

Anyway, after 1 year my friend have to go back to Germany. He told us he will come back and married this woman. He really love her.

Wow! That's what we said. As he just 22-23 years old. Too young!

Since he left Thailand he came back to visited her every 3 months.

Seem like a real love if we NEVER seen her with other farangs! A few times I went to QBar or pubs around Silom road. I saw her with farang man. Never the same one. And not only me saw it. Sometime my boss sometime my friends.

We just don't know what to do.

Should we tell him?

That's just one story.

I think in this board have more love stories. Maybe you should read more and learn from it.

Well neither of us has ever mentioned the word "marriage" so as far as that goes I would not marry her until after I had lived with her for some time. I do know that she still works in the bar but at least she says that she will at least go with men to a lesser extent and just dance (I hope that it is true both for her and my sake, but for my own sake I consider it not to be). I am now trying to get a job in Thailand, 23 years old soon to have an MBA (finance and management accounting). As I said before I would try to get a job in Thailand even if I hadn´t met her but of course meeting her is an extra incentive.

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

[QB]Over the last 15 months that I've watched and been a member of this board, I've seen a lot of cynicism about TGs and BGs in particular. I share that feeling but was both fortunate and surprised when I happened across a really good one on my first trip. So for all you guys out there (even if there is only one) that want to hold out hope that you might find another one, here are the ten things you should look for, in no particular order. Well eight actually as I couldn't come up with ten.

1. She does not take drugs and actively avoids those that do.

2. She never asks you for money.

3. She steers you away when you direct her to a jewelry store for a going away gift.

4. She has no tattoos and wouldn’t consider getting one.

5. She doesn’t have a cell phone.

6. She works to support her family.

7. She tips the occasional beggar on the street.

8. She buys you the occasional meal, and then feeds it to you.

[QB]

I think any of these girls could be keepers under the right circumstances. I've only been to Thailand once and I certainly dont claim to be an expert on things but I'll relate one of my experiences:

It was probably about my 10th night in BKK. I took out a BG from one of the NEP go-go's. We hit it off really well and I saw her quite a few more times on my trip. She payed for every meal we had together and refused to let me give her any money for anything, and I tried many times. "You no spend money on me, you save for holiday ok?" was her reply when I offered to buy some shoes she was checking out in the mall. We would talk about her family, the money she sends home, what she wants to do in the future, etc etc. To a lot of guys this girl would be perfect.

So whats the catch? Well she was the stereotypical badgirl...lots of gold, tats, piercings, mobile phone, the works. I'm only 26, in good shape and pretty easy on the eyes. Not the stereotypical sex tourist, and she said this was one of the reasons she liked me so much. This girl would be dismissed by many as being too hardcore or whatever just by her looks, yet she showed a side that any man would like. Maybe it was all an act, who knows, but we had chemistry together, we clicked, and thats why we had so much fun.

I think its almost impossible to judge someone a keeper after only knowing them a couple weeks, but if I were there looking for love I'd say this girl definately had potential. But I wasnt there looking for love, I was there to see the country, party and and shag...but not necessarily in that order tongue.gif" border="0 To judge how these girls may treat you based on their outward appearance or material possesion is just silly in my opinion.

Chris

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: liquidflux ]

"I think its almost impossible to judge someone a keeper after only knowing them a couple weeks, but if I were there looking for love I'd say this girl definately had potential. But I wasnt there looking for love, I was there to see the country, party and and shag...but not necessarily in that order. To judge how these girls may treat you based on their outward appearance or material possesion is just silly in my opinion."

Chris, very good observations based on a single trip to bkk. Totally agree that the only way to learn about a girl is to meet her 1st like you did, but still the stereotype usually gives you an initial idea of how long the girl have been in the industry etc.

Actually I've seen this 'same hardcore' girl in nana disco for years & when I finally went with her 1 night she totally surpriced me by being a total sweetheart! well it must be 'cos she don't have a mobile even she'd been working for years & sporting tatoo's'n'stuff'drugs etc.

Still it's a numbers game, so BE LUCKY out there!

Archived