How long do sponsors last ?

BuffHello

Do these guys go on sending money year after year after year ?

or do they wise up after a year ?

what do they get in return ? i think the recipients soon lose respect for them ,so little do they know its a futile waste of time .

but maybe they have so much spare cash they are not worried.

i was walking round MBK with this gal when her sponsor rang up and she put her finger to her lips to notify me to keep quiet.

I wanted to blow the lid of her little scam but he was a Frenchman so i kept quiet .

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and how many sponsors get just what they want ?

Someone to call their "girlfriend" on the phone from home

and someone to act like their "girlfriend" the few times a year they visit BKK.,

There are lots of people with big incomes and not much sense when it comes to women,

But if it makes them happy........

OC

I have an evolved opinion about that matter.

Give the girl "the money" and don't tell her what to do!

Tell her "up to you - you wanna go with a customer, do it if you really want to, if you wanna work in the bar for drinks, do it if you need the money"

THIS is the way to spare plenty of time, because what you really expect from her is that she is going home and wait fo you (assuming you are not leaving Thailand for longer than 6 weeks)

If she sticks to her bar envoirement the sponsorship wil be a one time thing, if she fullfills your expectations and you hear the chicken, the family and the baby in isan then the sponsorship continiues! Telling the girl what she has to do is for once not fair and it will most likely result in the opposite!

If she really drops out of the scene and is waiting for you by her own choice than you have a good chance that she really likes you! If she prefers to make small extra baht by working the bar, you have to consider that she MIGHT is still looking for mr right!

[color:"blue"] If she sticks to her bar envoirement the sponsorship wil be a one time thing, if she fullfills your expectations and you hear the chicken, the family and the baby in isan then the sponsorship continiues! [/color]

Errr, I have several Cds with the sound of dogs barking, people yelling (in many languages) and I shall add babies crying, thanks for the info. :neener:

Jasmine :)

On the one hand, one could view it as a win-win situation. She is getting amounts of money that far exceed her economic worth on the marketplace. She is living a hog heaven lifestyle!

He is getting attention from a young girl relative his age and maybe pretty (most are not lookers) that he would never get back home. He is getting a confidence booster and a feel good attitude. "I am in love and now have a chemical imbalance". Analogy of taking bong hits in our college days!

The down side is it isn't real and substantive. For the most part she has little respect or sincere interest in him as a person. She pretends to care for him ONLY because of what the money can bring to her life. She is in essence on life support in which if he pulls, she falls all the way back to the bar and starts the process all over again.

For some sponsers, the money is nothing in relationship to their income or financial worth. Kind of like supporting an afican child's education every month. How deep and enriching is that experience from a personal level? Guys get mixed up between what is true charity and what becomes masked charity. Unitil a bg sponsorship becomes a tax write-off...

For others, the money they are sending would be better served to be invested, put into a retirement account or pay for health club membership dues...

Win or lost is really dependent if the guy truly understands what is happening. Unfortunately, many decieve themselves into believing they have a GF, a wife, a friend, someone special, etc when in reality they have a sponsorship defined by their monthly contribution big or small....

CB

Hmmm...ok, first off, it will continue until the guy wises up, IF ever! I know girls who are married, living out of Thailand, and plan their annual trip home to meet up with a guy who IS STILL sending them money, some know the girl is married, some don't.

"...He is getting attention from a young girl relative his age and maybe pretty (most are not lookers) that he would never get back home. He is getting a confidence booster and a feel good attitude. "I am in love and now have a chemical imbalance". Analogy of taking bong hits in our college days!..."

Not necessarily, some of these guys are the same age or younger then the girl in question here, and can score at home. Many reasons play into it. Such as a desire to "help" the "needy," share what you have, a beliefe the girl really loves the guy...one guy posting on this board says he has the bucks, can afford it and doesn't care what they think of him, even if they laugh at him, it makes him feel good to do it...

I know a guy who has kept company with a working whore on his annual trips to Thailand for 4-5+ years, she has bilked him out of countless$$$, he has caught her with other "boy friends (as in customers)" and she is a working prostitute both when he is there, and away. Yet, the guy claims it is "...a real relationship..." and that she loves him...go figure... Frankly with all the info on the internet, I find it hard to believe any guy could fall for such things, yet it happens, will probably happen to me some day Almost did not to long ago...Love is the oldest/most exploited scam going.

Frankly, I fail to see how a whore you fuck a few weeks a year, can really be considered a girl friend when you are away for 6+ months at a time. Only a fool would expect her to stay home waiting for you. And only a fool would send money and stay home waiting for her...

jasmine said:

Errr, I have several Cds with the sound of dogs barking, people yelling (in many languages) and I shall add babies crying, thanks for the info. :neener:

Jasmine :)

You have a weird taste of entertainment when you listen to that ;)

and i am a strong believer that these cd's would find a big market in the bar scene :) I am going to publish them as "Butterfly Pro Kit" and add some good advices in Thai how to use the CD. If some of the guys here have to suffer from their "girlfriends", why not making profit from it ;) ?

Archived