Cambodian Bargirls

Nuts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my good friend above from Deutchland.

Quite the opposite.

Having stayed many decades at the Nana Hotel in Bangkok and having stated at The Flamingos hotel in Phnom Penh, I can state quite unequivocally, that the two hotels in question are guite different and distinct.

The Flamingos hotel is a new modern hotel with an excellent staff, clean rooms, and a visitor clientele that is diverse - which includes backpackers, families, and the standard LOS tourist.

The area around the hotel is safe and clean (at least as clean as LOS - or cleaner).

The Flamingos is certainly not the JW Marriott - but neither is the price. The Flamingos Hotel is similiar to the JW Marriott - just on a smaller scale - and without the piano player in the lobby. Rather, The Flamingos has internet right in the lobby. Can you get that at the JW Marriott?

The Flamingos is a top shelf professionally run hotel. All - and I mean all - are welcome. It is rare to find a hotel like The Flamingos hotel where a guest can feel right at home. This is a reflection of the management and the staff. A darn good hotel for all. Period. 'Nuff said.

Flamingos Hotel WAS great until about half way through my stay when they put a pool table next to the elevator/lift. When you bring a girl back you want a bit of discretion and it was embarrassing standing their with my girl waiting for the lift to come down with a nice Cambodian family playing pool and staring at me with an uncomfortable silence all round. For that reason alone I won't be staying there again.

I shared the Flamingos minibus that picked me up at the airport with a couple of 60'ish ladies from Chaing Mai. There were more than a few western couples around the lobby, along with a several near backpackers, I was actually surprised by how the diverse the clientel has become in the last six months.

It can be partially explained by the high rating Flamingos has been given by "Tripadvisor.com.

kamui said:

I prefer not to stay in "punters" hotels. Anyway it seems that the Flamingos Hotel is becoming the Nana hotel of PP. :)

I, too, never stay in a 'punters' hotel, yet I do recommend Flamingos to many, especially those newbies visiting PPenh. Flamingos is like the Nana (where I'd also _never_ stay), in that it's full of punters, but unlike the Nana it's facilities are new, offers decent value and the staff is usually quite cordial. I've met and shared drinks with LaoHuLi a number of times...a good guy, who has also been on this board for a number of years.

Someone always manages to change the subject, of every topic, on the Cambodian section of ISG to a discussion of the dumpy old Flamingo Hotel.

It's such an obvious plug, they should pay for advertising.

Where can I learn to speak Cambo? At the Flamingo Hotel, of course.

Archived