A BG's priorities...

Tycona

I have been emailing regularly with a BG I met on my trip in Oct/Nov. All emails go thru a translator/email service that she is using. The girl speaks very little english, so the translation services have been really welcome smile.gif" border="0

In my last mail I asked her the following question:

quote:

I have a little game for you... What are the most important things in your life darling? Order them from most important to less important assuming you would be married and have a husband... 'Things' you have:

- Buddha (religion)

- Yourself

- Husband

- Father

- Mother

- Grandparents

- Brothers & Sisters

- Uncles & Aunts

- Nephews & Nieces

I actually didn't expect her to accept the challenge, but she did and here is her answer:

quote:

Now I have no husband or any child, so I have to love my family the most. Whatever I do I would have to think about my family as it is the culture here. Thank you for the game that you let me play. Let say that I was married with a husband. The most important people in order are:

Children, parents, husband, religion, myself, grandparents, brothers and sisters, uncle and aunt, and nephews and nieces. The reason I listed husband third is because if some day my husband and I separated then he is not in the family anymore.

She seems genuine and actually puts the husband higher than I would have expected wink.gif" border="0

Any comments?

PS: I have no intention of marrying this girl or any other girl for that matter smile.gif" border="0

All---Great example of "blood is thicker than water"... Spouses (can) come and go, but family (especially immediate) is literally forever...

I totally understand this answer and would expect no other!

Very good question to ask.. This answer speaks volumes about how she thinks, what she values and her priorities in life..

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

>This answer speaks volumes about how she thinks, what she values and her priorities in life..<

Well, yes, maybe, depends.

There is of course the slight possibility that she thougt about what response you may wish to hear, discussed it with her counsellers (fellow Bg, internet shop translator0 and send you the consensus opinion of the best reply.

I occasionally probe my gf about waht is important to her in her life. usually no.1 is "My car', then my family or 'food to eat', sometimes I feature on '4', sometimes below, once on '3'.

Don't put too much importance to the content of emails. apart from the fact she may spin you stories, the translator my do the same without her knowing you.

phoenix--

true, she could be just telling him what she **thinks** he will want to hear... could be.. we'll never know..

But, if it is indeed her true feelings, then I can completely understand her priorities and why she ranks people like that...

--UPSer

Tycona--

No cellphone... how does she survive??? I met another tg that had no cellphone and I even asked her "how you live, no have mobile?" Her reply, "i use boyfriend mobile"

--UPSer

Both her room mates have cell phones smile.gif" border="0

Why did I put in Nephews & Nieces? Don't know, I think I just put in the family members I relate the most with in my family.

I find her list very interesting. Sure, one can place some question marks about the position of the husband, but even letting the husband out of the list it remains interesting.

Religion comes before herself. It would be dead last on my list smile.gif" border="0

Grandparents come before Brothers and Sister. I wouldn't order them like that I think. Sure, sometimes a brother or sister-in-law can mess things up.... laugh.gif" border="0

Tycona,

Out of interest what was the reason for putting nephews and nieces in?

For me, I can't see how they would rate that high unless they lived with them and took care of them...As shown by her putting them last....

Anyway, interesting response from her that could be read a thousand ways.

Thanks for the post.

Sanukboot

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

Both her room mates have cell phones
smile.gif" border="0

Why did I put in Nephews & Nieces? Don't know, I think I just put in the family members I relate the most with in my family.

I find her list very interesting. Sure, one can place some question marks about the position of the husband, but even letting the husband out of the list it remains interesting.

Religion comes before herself. It would be dead last on my list
smile.gif" border="0

Grandparents come before Brothers and Sister. I wouldn't order them like that I think. Sure, sometimes a brother or sister-in-law can mess things up....
laugh.gif" border="0

Now it could also be interesting if she on her own would list the things/persons etc. that means most to her.

I wonder how high something like financial security would rank.

Archived