End of year contest

limbo

I donated a couple of prizes (8 gig Memorex travel drive and a Maglite set). I had the writing contest in mind...at least the for the travel drive.

I think that having a monthly photo contest may have been a good idea a year ago, but I really think that a quarterly contest would be better (I don't mean to take the topic off on a tangent). For one thing, we start to run out of popular subject matter; for another, board members start to ignore the contests ("Oh, just another contest" type of response maybe).

I'd like to see a limerick contest...with the subject matter open to anything about Thailand. (For those who "draw a blank", just refer to the forum topics on the board for ideas.)

I don't think there is any need for a "fire sale" on the non-perishable prizes. As to the to the wine OH donated, it's probably vinegar by now anyway :)

HH

Hi Hugh,

On the quarterly photo contest, I protest. Even with a not so seemingly popular theme as rural people, there are 21 entries and prices will be splashed around. A monthly contest is fine I think and many themes haven't been explored yet.

It may be true that we should try to attract more voters!

To donate prices for certain areas sounds fine to me. If you donated something and you want it to be for a writing contrest, no probs with that.

The monthly Photo comp is well covered for, HH - I am still holding that for Cent.

The end of year one, which came at a time of me working 20 hours straight per days travelling around the worst/best parts of thailand.

We have

12 Archane vouchers (Various, Bid Dan a lot though!)

3 bottles of good red wine (DumbSoda, OOld Hippie and me)

1 bottle good Saki (Ual 827)

1 bottle bad vietnam whiskey (Shin Satellite)

$100 (Mekong and Pattaya 127)

1 gig thum drive (Peter101)

and other bits and peices.

Problem was no one had a clear idea on what and how the prizes should be allocated.

SOOOOOOO

As granpoobah, and major donor of monthly ones, here it is!

We have till Songkran!

I think a seperate competitions -

1 - 2 bottles red wine - take all the winners of last year, and vote for your fav, given we know who made them, so what, we're all grown up here.

2 - Best Aian photo (Given a lot off non thai entries) - The Saki 2nd prize - the Vietnam Whiskey Entries now till April 7th

3 - A seperate competition running parrel this month to the main one, closes 7 April, voting and winner announced 13th April "My Best Thai Photo"

1st Prize - $100, 2nd Prize - the Thumb drive (Though maybe the other way around?) 3rd Prize Bottle red wine

4 - "Now she's HOT" - Prize, whatever I have left!

All entries except the winners of last year monthlies to be submitted by April 7th.

NOTE - MAKE SURE YOU MARK THEM CLEARLY THE SECTION YOUR ENTERING!

Hows that sound?

KS - I can post my spam yahoo account and get the entries there if you like. I have a bit of spare time compered to last few months

DOG

I thought the Mekong-127 cash was for the writing contest as well! And STOP telling your wife I am dating Nong Tum!!! We are just good friends, and Nothing G** is happening. And I am pretty sure the girl you met at Londoner is at least 90% a real girl...

Archived