Talk about bad luck!

Pescator

A very good friend of mine.. well, make that my best mate has had the worst strike of bad luck I ever witnessed.

While living in CM he got married to his lovely girlfriend Noi. Now they lived together for approx 6 months after their marriage until it was established that she was suffering from hepatitis. Dunno which strain, anyway she died within 3 months.

My mate shortly after hooked up with another tg, Lek, I guess just to lay the death of his wife behind him.

Well, Lek turned out to be suffering from TB and although she was treated a pencillin cure she stopped eating the tablets once her symptoms were gone.

2 months after she was gone as well.

Now 6 months passed and he got together with a new thai girlfriend, nok. They were doing very well until it turned out that she was suffering from wilson disease which lead to paralyzing her limbs......

She is actually improving by now I am happy to say, but what are the odds that anyone could face this kind of fate within a span of one lousy year? :(

Unfucking believable.

Needless to say that he is a no-no in CM what girls concerns as he already had 2 wives/gfs die on him.

cheers

hua nguu

Something seems very haywire with your TB scenario. Her symptoms disappear, stop taking the medicine and then you die in two months? Obviously not the case. Your symptoms aren't gone until your x-rays say so and i can't imagine hospital and PH officials not monitoring these infectious disease cases closely. It is their job to do...

What type of medical care was she getting in the process? What type of advice from her husband and friends/family.

It doesn't make sense in today's world of medical knowledge combined with people who have some common and gut sense in following directions....

Yeah, if they girl is completely uneducated and has no one around with any first world medical knowledge and living away from any decent medical care..

But aren't we talking about CM, a major city, that should be on top of public health issues like TB tracking and a westerner at least aware of the dangers of TB and be able to provide good advice to her...

CB

I have story from my buddy, I wasn`t involved.

But I recall him saying that she stopped taking the medication because she felt well, didn`t get any further examination.

Instead she went to the "wise" old man in the village who handed her some herbs :doah:

Her husband was absent during this period, working abroad.

But for the rest you are asking questions, I cannot answer.

Bottom line is he had 2 girls die on him and the third being partly paralyzed, regardless of the reasons why they died, that wasn`t really the point I was trying to make.

But I see why the tb scenario struck you as "fishy" :)

Cheers

Hua Nguu

I hope this one has went to a REAL doctor.

As for CM, which CM are they from? The city or the province?

As for diagnosis, what they are diagnosised with and how it gets translated to us can a times be two different things. If one died from hepatitis, does that mean he has t also? Probably not because she probably died from something else. Same scenario for TB.

One of the main TB meds is something referred to as INH (Isoniazid?). Plays hell on your liver though and you are supposed to get a liver function check once a month. It used to be standard treatment to go for six months but now people are saying its a 12 month regimen now and no alcohol!!!

Thank you for your kind words Zaad.

Went to visit them yesterday.

I couldn`t recognize her, she had lost 30 pounds, her speech was incomprehensible to me, but she was able to walk albeit slowly and with lacking confidence.

She was zittering and had the appearance of someone with downs syndrome and with what seemed like a permanent grin on her face :( However, she seemed quite cheerful I am happy to say, not from her appearance but from what my buddy told me.

Thankfully she was living in sweden when the disease broke out, and they were able to diagnose her disease after a while. I seriosly doubt that thai public hospitals under the 30 baht health plan would have been able to accomplish that.

If they hadn`t started the correct medication she would have been gone by now.

Bkk traveller, he was under observation for tb for quite some time. Didn`t contract it.

Quote: As for diagnosis, what they are diagnosised with and how it gets translated to us can a times be two different things. If one died from hepatitis, does that mean he has t also? Probably not because she probably died from something else. Same scenario for TB

Very true, he had his doubts about the hepatitis condition.

He speaks thai pretty well, but not when it comes to these matters.

cheers

hua nguu

Archived