Japanese... is it right? do they care?

Ok, now i know a lot of people have either covered this or have an opinion on this:

Lets face it, the Japanese punters in thailand ruin the show.

Now, id like to point out i have nothing against the japanese in general (my ex was japanese), but the majority that make their way to thailand are turning the scene sour.

Firstly they pay way over the odds. Why? Because they can? or is it because they are ignorant to the reality of what others pay? My guess is they think its a way of getting exclusivity (outpricing the westerners) and its way cheaper compared to what they can get in japan.

I certainly dont believe its because they have more money, because that simply isnt true. I also think they have little to no negotiation skills as youll notice "rot rakhaa dai mai" will never leave a japanese mans lips in a bar.

The other and even more (for lack of a better word) offensive thing i find is the exclusive japanese bars!

Imagine this: a street in any other major western city opens a whole bunch of bars. The problem? Youre only allowed in if your caucasian.

Creating bars/areas for specific races should have gone out the door a few decades ago, so why is it appearing here?

Ok, i understand the commercial point of view in thailand. They think japanese spend big money, but in my books opening areas like this almost amount to racism.

There are plenty of foreigners in bangkok who will splash out copius amounts of money, but i havent once in all my visits seen a single farang only bar.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are bars in countries all throughout Asia that do not allow Caucasians. Forget about what happens or what people would think if this was a western city. Simple fact is that you are not in a western city and as far as I?m concerned, that?s not a bad thing.

Consider the flip side?..Can you imagine someone opens a whole bunch of bars in a western city where young, beautiful girls sell their flesh for pennies on the dollar in the open?

It has to do with supply and demand. They have more money and are willing to pay that money to get what they want.

There's a limited amount of ultra hot looking girls and there are tons of punters looking for them. Obviously the ones with money on their minds are going to ask for more to limit down their choices.

In the west we've all been conditioned to believe that racism is the ultimate evil. In most places in Asia, they don't believe that at all and many consider it perfectly normal, natural and acceptable. We're being taken for fools if we allow the Japanese to take over 'our' bars, whilst meekly accepting our exclusion from 'their' bars.

A few things to note:

1. you are not in a western country, so different rules apply.

2. Yes, the Japanese "ruin" it wherever they go. They like something, they pay for it. Look at Hawaii, west coast of the USA, Japanese come in and they drive prices up.

3. IMO, the Japanese are very racist. How many Chinese did they slaughter in WW II? Koreans were used a slave labor? I know a lady that was born in Japan, had all her education there, worked there, only spoke Japanese...her mother was 100% Japanese but her father was from China...thus, she was Chinese, had to register as an alien, in the only country that she had even known!!!

Don't see this going on in the west!!!

4. Cost in Japan are high. Japanese want something, they pay, end of story.

Is it right? Doesn't matter, just the way it is and no western person is going to change it.

Do they care? No, they want it and they pay.

MooLor writes:

Ok, now i know a lot of people have either covered this or have an

opinion on this: Lets face it, the Japanese punters in thailand ruin

the show.

Nonsense.

Now, id like to point out i have nothing against the

japanese in general (my ex was japanese), but the majority that make

their way to thailand are turning the scene sour.

Not at all. You might argue that they sweeten the scene by making it

possible for the very best looking girls to be paid well enough to

join in. Otherwise, these girls might find other employment opportunities.

Hence Japanese might argue that farang sour the scene by not paying enough, leading to the shortage that requires a lot of fat old rice farmers with 3 kids get up on the stage and be go-go dancers.

Firstly they pay way over the odds. Why? Because they can? or is it

because they are ignorant to the reality of what others pay? My

guess is they think its a way of getting exclusivity (outpricing the

westerners) and its way cheaper compared to what they can get in

japan.

You guess wrong. Japanese generally pay the price asked of them. As

you know, they they are unaccustomed to, and uncomfortable with,

bargaining. Exclusivity doesn't enter into it in any way whatsoever.

Anyway, in our forum, we applaud big spending. We love those most who

surround themselves with girls and run up large tabs buying lady

drinks having a bit o' fun. The average spend by our favorite punters on anal sex at, say,

the much-beloved Eden, would surely not be much less than what a Japanese would pay for a lady at

Rainbow 2.

Careful lest you be designated a closet Cheap Charlie. Best perhaps to save up more coin before you venture into Rainbow 2; otherwise, just enter a different market.

I certainly dont believe its because they have more money,

because that simply isnt true. I also think they have little to no

negotiation skills as youll notice "rot rakhaa dai mai" will never

leave a japanese mans lips in a bar.

There's your answer then. And so? "Up to them."

The other and even more (for lack of a better word) offensive thing

i find is the exclusive japanese bars! Imagine this: a street in any

other major western city opens a whole bunch of bars. The problem?

Youre only allowed in if your caucasian.

But a lot of go-go bars in Thailand don't admit Thais, only farang,

which you may or may not find to your advantage.

The Japanese-only bars are quite expensive, and most farang would not

enjoy them.

Japanese have the right to enjoy their own company exclusively if

they so desire. Take a look at, or whiff of, most farang running

around in Thailand, and you realize that their position isn't

unreasonable. They appreciate excellent manners and quiet tones of

voice, something for which farang are not well-known. Perhaps they might feel uncomfortable

singing karaoke in front of a bunch of yobs. Let them enjoy their holiday as they wish.

Finally it should be pointed out that some bars in Thailand at least

are created for Brits only, though there is no sign designating them

as such. Citizens of other nationalities are not only unwelcome but may

be physically beaten if they attempt to "invade" this exclusively

Brit turf.

Yet there is never the slightest murmur of protest over the Brit-only

bars. Why is this?

but i havent once in all my visits seen

a single farang only bar.

Ha. Take a look at your favorite bars and count the number of Thai

customers. In many cases Thais as well as Middle Easterners will be

refused entry at the door. And are not farang paying "over the odds" compared to what Thai would pay? Finally, note that most bar girls will not accept (or so they say) Thai men as customers--only farang.

Archived