Japanese... is it right? do they care?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neo said:My only stereotypical bias against Japanese is they are the worst chain smokers and I hate reeking like an ashtray being sandwiched between a few of them. When is this country going to cut that crap out of the bars! That's an off topic rant I guess.

Hopefully the tobacco nazis will not come to thailand. those nasty pics on the packs are already too much.

'not in kansas anymore'

Jeez, how many times do we have to hear that tired cliche? Show me the money, baby, show me the money.

So the thrust of your argument seems to be that I dont even have a right to speak about it. On this message board, there are to be no more opinions. Saudam said so.

I'd have to speak about a whole list of other things before having a right to say a word about this one... actually no i'd need to solve those issues, I think that's what you said. Even though none of those other things are being discussed here, and have you searched the web to find out if I actually did talk about those others? Well, save yourself the time. I didn't.

I don't think fairness was invented in America. Anti-discrimination isn't American. I have met guys who have a problem with that idea. Just wonder if you're like them.

OK sorry I have to go now and harrass the world.

MooLor said:

Ok, now i know a lot of people have either covered this or have an opinion on this:

Lets face it, the Japanese punters in thailand ruin the show.

Now, id like to point out i have nothing against the japanese in general (my ex was japanese), but the majority that make their way to thailand are turning the scene sour.

Firstly they pay way over the odds. Why? Because they can? or is it because they are ignorant to the reality of what others pay? My guess is they think its a way of getting exclusivity (outpricing the westerners) and its way cheaper compared to what they can get in japan.

I certainly dont believe its because they have more money, because that simply isnt true. I also think they have little to no negotiation skills as youll notice "rot rakhaa dai mai" will never leave a japanese mans lips in a bar.

The other and even more (for lack of a better word) offensive thing i find is the exclusive japanese bars!

Imagine this: a street in any other major western city opens a whole bunch of bars. The problem? Youre only allowed in if your caucasian.

Creating bars/areas for specific races should have gone out the door a few decades ago, so why is it appearing here?

Ok, i understand the commercial point of view in thailand. They think japanese spend big money, but in my books opening areas like this almost amount to racism.

There are plenty of foreigners in bangkok who will splash out copius amounts of money, but i havent once in all my visits seen a single farang only bar.

The entire basis for your argument is faulty. P4P in LOS is multi-segmented. Almost every niche is supplied from Farang oriented bars to street walkers to girls that fuck amputees. The Japanese don't drive up prices in your scene because that segment does not service your scene. There are P4P markets in LOS where the cost of pussy is lower than what you pay in your farang oriented market. There are other establishments you can't go to because your not Thai or your not connected or you can't afford it. Wake up dude. Broaden your perspective.

Sounds to me that your just pissed off because you want something and someone else is saying you don't qualify to have it.

This type of bigoted, prejudiced, rascist based simplistic mindset is a primary reason of why I don't engage with farang in Thailand. I see plenty of it in my home country so I refuse to deal with it on my holiday. I accept the Thai crap because I am a guest in their country but I can choose not to be bothered by farang that export ttheir crap with them

There is enough of it in this forum.

Guest lazyphil

<<But you keep coming back here.............? >>

if u mean np.com, i put it down to a sick compulsion alot of us appear to suffer from!!!

I think you're on the wrong track.

I've walked down Soi Thaniya and never seen anything special that I couldn't see in other places. In the Rainbow bars, I've never been rebuffed by a girl becasue she only liked Japanese guys. So, they don't affect me much.

What does bother me is:

1. The decreasing pretty girl/punter ratio in the bars.

2. The lack of showing.

I'd say the increasing influence of the Internet/mobile phones giving access to a larger market gullible sponsors who pay money for girls to do fuck-all is more likely to be responsible for the first. (And perhaps increasing affluence?)

Thaksin government "social order" policies, of course, are responsible for the second. :onfire:

limbo said:

But you keep coming back here.............?

Yes because here you can actually have a dialogue and an opportunity to dispel some of the silly prejudices.

If u don't agree look the countless threads on good Thai girl vs BG; Jap vs Farang; all BG's are lying scheming scam artist whore; BG's can never make good wives; all Thais want to scam farangs; Hi-so Thais are evil; Isaan people are stupid threads.

Will you discuss this type of stuff in a bar, restaurant, bus stop or televised forum in BKK?

Archived