"Normal" Thai girl vs her Western sister

Coloseum

The main difference you will find is the Thai way of thinking. You may find their attitude's are a bit softer than farang women, and the way they treat their men is less PC, less women's lib. In general they are less worldly than farang women. They tend to be more inscrutable, and it's hard to read behind the omnipresent smile. Check out my 2 posts in the language section about the Thai Psyche.

From what my brother tells me, a dang site better than Israeli women.

Originally posted by ilikesittight:

"In addition, she cares about how she looks and wants to be beautiful to everyone all the time."

I suppose this is called VANITY in most parts of the world. No Thai woman can pass a reflecting surface without having a deep look into it, re-adjusting her hair etc. Not that I'm complaining.

P.S. Addition for the linguists (I'm risking making myself a language pest here):

"Vanity" from Latin "vanitas", in turn from Sanskrit "vanita", woman. Yeah, folks, no kidding.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

I think one of the things is that we have more respect for our men. For instance, we don't argue or fight with each other in front of the guests. Whatever we disagree at the moment we keep to ourselves and discuss it later. Fighting in front of the guests shows disrespectful both to your husband and the guests. We are taught to be very considerate like this at a very young age.

Not that all of us follow the teaching though. laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

I think one of the things is that we have more respect for our men. For instance, we don't argue or fight with each other in front of the guests. Whatever we disagree at the moment we keep to ourselves and discuss it later. Fighting in front of the guests shows disrespectful both to your husband and the guests.

Your post is a little ambiguous. If you mean by "we" that the TG and her man don't quarrel in front of guests, then that shows mutual respect and is important in any relationship. If you mean "we" as all TGs, and that only the girl has to keep quiet but the guy is free to insult and complain, that is very different.

Respecting someone who does not deserve your respect is not a favorable attribute, IMO. You may have obligations to your father, brother, husband, etc., but there are limits (although TGs sometimes don't think so) to what you should put up with.

FarangDang:

We I mean "TG and her man". Ok, I come from a middle class. Both men and women are taught to be considerate in this matter. If we have bad manners in front of our guests, they would think that our parents did not do a good job raising us to be a good person. That is not a very nice idea. This is a kind of social sanction/control in a way.

I'm not saying that there are NEVER be a quarral in front of the guests AT ALL. Heck , we are still human beings. But I think we do that less than Westerners do?

"Respecting someone who does not deserve your respect is not a favorable attribute, IMO. You may have obligations to your father, brother, husband, etc., but there are limits (although TGs sometimes don't think so) to what you should put up with."

Believe me..I have my limits laugh.gif" border="0

Archived