And the winner is . . . . . . .

Nervous_Dog

Agree with that OH, if your picture is unlucky enough to be on the second page then people might not get to it. I also agree that the voting system would be better masked. I have noticed that the comments also generate viewings which in turn generate votes, even if the comments are not so good. The end result is that some pictures although not so good as others score higher?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone else notice this; I only realized it during this contest. But you can set the number of photograph to be viewed on one page to a maximum of 24. The default seemed to be 12, so the contest usually extends over at least two pages.

I don't know why one would want to view less than the max., unless it is an issue with Internet connection speed and it just takes too long to load 24 thumbnails. Once I had set it to 24, it remembered next time I logged in. Of course, that does not solve the problem of others logging in and having your photos on page two.

Hi,

"It would seem that it would be "cleaner" if people voting did not to know what was popular with previous voters."

Agree, but unless I dive into the code and figure out a way to reprogram a part of it, I am afraid we're gonna be stuck with the way it operates.

"is it possible to rotate the order of the photos, thus changing their number and or positions?"

This might be possible, at least partially. I can change the link and default gallery order to have the pics displayed randomly, but people would still be able to change it themselves.

The 2nd page issue, comes up whenever there are more than 24 pics, the software will not allow me to display more then 24 pics on the same page.

"how about changing the surrounding colour sceme to black, makes the photos look a LOT better"

OK, that might not be too hard. Remind me and I'll check this weekend.

Sanuk!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"It would seem that it would be "cleaner" if people voting did not to know what was popular with previous voters."

Agree, but unless I dive into the code and figure out a way to reprogram a part of it, I am afraid we're gonna be stuck with the way it operates.

Sanuk!

Will you not be able to alter this with the new board software before we move to new format.?

Archived