I wish I found you guys BEFORE my trip to BKK!

Yes, in that case it definitely was King's Corner! This bar is half post op ladyboys and the other half are real girls. The ladyboys are stunning and it is very hard to land a job at this bar for them as only the best lookers are accepted. Comparatively, the girls there are fairly widely distributed in looks much like other bars (some really good, some not so). The chances you were with ladyboys are just about a given. Most people probably never come to know it.

For what it is worth King 3 is all katoey, mostly pre-op, but some are quite convincing and saving money to move to the post op level. One told me about a Japanese guy who was fooled and when the towel came off she happily recounted how he shockingly exclaimed "amazing thailand!". It's not just how they dress that does the trick, but they also get injections of different drugs to turn their bodies into more female characteristics. Surgically they sculpt their faces, add hips, remove the adams apple, add breasts, etc. Then there is the psychie; it's not a fantasy for them fooling guys or doing it for the money. Ladyboys identify themselves as being girls, but believe something went wrong at birth and they got the wrong body type. I would avoid bringing up the ladyboy topic with the ones you were with as it might offend them to know that now you know.

Oh last thing, damage control. Don't fall for any "I need money for xxx, send fast" stories you will be getting.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That thought hadn't even crossed my mind Damen, but thanks for the jab! I know where my preferences are, so I can just enjoy a funny story that adds to my life experience. What a great way to dive head first into the BKK bar scene!

That first night was interesting though, as I was coming to grips with all the ramifications of what I had just done. Although not conservative by any means, growing up in America still instills certain beleifs about right and wrong, and whether or not I bedded two former dudes was just one more bonus when already stressing about morality and disease.

After two and a half weeks touring Thailand and online post-trip research, I've mellowed out and realize LOS opperates in a grey area that my friends and family wouldn't understnad without visiting and experiencing for themselves. I can't really talk about it with them. I can't wait to go back to LOS and SE Asia in general and have told many that. They might already be thinking its only for the girls, but for me thats a bonus on top of wonderful people, culture, history, and of course food!

That said, disease still worries me a bit. Although, I suppose its hard to catch HIV from "vaginal" sex with a Katoey as you're not swapping bodily fluids. Just to be safe, the doctor appointment was yesterday. As I was travelling around the world for two months with different girls, it will give me some piece of mind.

Don't worry Neo! The fact that I am far from rich (mid 20's working in tourism) would keep me from sending money even if I hadn't read all the horror stories on this and other sites. Besides, I figure they already got their bonus check by putting me through the financial wringer that first night. It really did screw up my budget big time for the last few weeks of my trip. I just like making new friends, and as a world traveller and former Anthropology student, foreign cultures really interest me. I figure it couldn't hurt to stay in touch for nonromantic reasons. On another visit I may look them up just to catch up and have a contact, who knows?

Damen did bring up a point I was curious about. Are katoeys more for gay men and unsuspecting newbies? Did they pick me for easy money, or was I attractive as a newbie, since they could fool me and not one of you guys? Do the "straight" expats ever knowingly barfine katoey, or is that perceived as "gay"? Also, seeing themselves as legitimate women, do they get their feelings hurt when (I'm assuming) most of you guys brush them off?

Ok, so that was several questions, but I'm interested to know. Please advise!

>>and as a world traveller and former Anthropology student, foreign cultures really interest me. I figure it couldn't hurt to stay in touch for nonromantic reasons. On another visit I may look them up just to catch up and have a contact, who knows?<<

Afterwards, you can become famous by publishing the first paper on katoey culture :grinyes:

This post borders on being a classic. Newbie anthropologist steps into a club for the first time and is waylaid by two lady boys. :sex:

Anyway, sounds like you are hooked on LOS you better find religion quick before LOS swallows you.

DD, that story was one of the funniest I have ever read on this site, I can only imagine what trouble I could gotten myself into, if I had taken my boss' advice and checked out Patpong.

I have lived in San Francisco for quite a few years, have several friends in the gay and transgender community so I have a fairly well developed gaydar. But I can also be fooled. Didn't happen in BKK but here in the US.

I was with a bunch of friends partying at the House of Blues in New Orleans 8-9 years ago. The place was so full that I literally had to fight my way to the bar and order a drink. While I was standing there waiting to order, I noticed this hot little Latina standing next to me. I looked back at my friends and they were sending me signals like "make a move". So, I invited her over to our table, it was hard to talk but we yelled a few words back and forth and my friends were literally drooling over her. Then she dragged me on the dance floor, we danced for maybe 20 minutes and got all hot and sweaty. She asked me if I wanted some air and we went outside (seemed like a great idea at the time). Long story short, she ended up giving me one of the best blow jobs I have ever gotten. After she was done, she just smiled, grabbed my hand and we went back inside. On the way back to the table, she asked if I wanted her to come to my hotel. When I agreed, she told me that there was a minor issue we should discuss. Since when is a hot girl with a penis a "minor issue"? Needsless to say, I made an excuse and went back to my friends. Never told them the full story :eek:

>>Afterwards, you can become famous by publishing the first paper on katoey culture<<

Now theres a thought! It would give me a reason to go back, and might just pay the pills well enough afterwards to hang out for some "legitimate" debauchery!

Thanks for sharing GreatDane! Good story, and it makes me feel better that even a finetuned gaydar isn't foolproof. I asked them to send me pictures. If they do, I'll probably have one look and wonder how I never noticed. Maybe I'll casually show a few friends without telling them and see if they figure it out. They sure as hell won't be hearing the whole story!

DesertDevil said:

asked them to send me pictures. If they do, I'll probably have one look and wonder how I never noticed. Maybe I'll casually show a few friends without telling them and see if they figure it out. They sure as hell won't be hearing the whole story!

This cutie almost got me , except something just told me something ain't right..... :neener:

Welcome to the board !

Bada :beer: Bing

I've been told that one of the universities -- Kasetsart maybe -- offers an MA in Khatoey Studies. What the hell use is that degree???

p.s. Making a "mistake" is part of learning about Thailand. I did once when I'd first come here. "She" had boobs and looked like a girl, so I naively figured "it" must be a girl. Later, I started having my doubts. But a gay colleague told me, "If you didn't know, it doesn't count." Words to remember.

Do the "straight" expats ever knowingly barfine katoey, or is that perceived as "gay"?

LOL, that has to be in the top 10 of controversial subject matter here! There are expats that knowingly barfine katoeys, but I would say katoeys get more of a tourist customer base than regular bar girls do.

In Thailand, katoeys are seen as a 3rd sex and treated like women, not grouped in there with gays. They go to the women?s restroom, take on jobs women do, don't like sports, aren't allowed in the army, and are consumed with looking and acting like women. Here are the hard facts I have gleaned along the way. Gay men do not like katoeys. Katoeys do not think as themselves as gay. Guys who barfine katoeys do not consider themselves as gay. Some guys are fooled, some just like them, and some just want to give it a whirl like other sexual adventures. Then there are the guys that think this is all nonsense and that katoeys and the people who barfine them are all gays in denial.

As far as I am concerned, everyone should just do what they want and not worry about building approval of the average joe. I don't think anyone goes to the bars to improve their image after all.

Also, seeing themselves as legitimate women, do they get their feelings hurt when (I'm assuming) most of you guys brush them off?

Bar workers get brushed off for a zillion reasons every day and it's part of the job. Some people brush them off nicely and some insult them. Any katoey or girl brushed off for any reason can become nasty, especially if they think you will care. When guys who don't like katoeys learn of bars that have them, they stay clear as it is a turnoff, even bars with just one or two mixed in. It's more of a dangerous game for katoeys because if someone fooled figures it out along the way, the punter can react unpredictably (kick them out without money, become violent, etc).

thanks for the Photo Badabing.......... :yay:

i think you must have visited Koh Samui in the past as that is a spitting image of Limbo............. :grinyes:

OK wrong Continent but i once spent a couple of Days in Barcalona with 27 Friends and during a Night out one of them decided to walk down Las Ramblas looking for action..... :hubba:

found an attractive Girl to give him a BJ in a shop doorway and found out later on it was a Trannie.......... :yikes:

he just said "a BJ is a BJ,who the fuck cares who gives it to you?".

well he was known as mad Paddy.............:shakehead

Archived