I wish I found you guys BEFORE my trip to BKK!

Hello everyone! This site is great, with so much information. I've been reading all I can since I found it a few days ago. Unfortunately, I've been home (the States) from BKK for a few weeks and now I know I made some bad rookie mistakes. I'll give you the highlights, and you guys can all tell me how bad I screwed up.

I'm in town to take a few guided tours of the country, one week south, one week north. Start middle and end I'm in BKK. Travelling alone and only having Lonley Planet as a resource (yeah I know sad), I dedcide to check out Patpong as its the only girlie nightlife place mentioned and if nothing else I wanted to see one of the famous shows. I know nothing about the layout, rules, prices. I wander into a place looking for something like a Western strip club, not knowing its a go-go bar (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to print the name, so I won't).

Holy shit! I'm not sitting two minutes before I've bought a girl a drink and shes whispering prices in my ear. Then her "cousin" sits down and prices turn to threesomes. I've never paid for sex before, and I really didn't think I ever would. Then again, never had a threesome either! I'm sure they could tell I was nervous and fresh off the boat, and in the time it takes me to convine myself I've bought each several lady drinks, hell even one for mamasan and the server! They tell me 2000 Baht each after the barfines of 500 and promise two hours. Sounds good, I agree.

We hit a ST hotel behind the club which costs me 1000. Inside the room, things are about to happen, and they ask for payment upfront. Oh yeah, the price is now 4000 each. I figure I'm comitted and make the cardinal sin of paying up front. I was expecting some foreplay that never happened, and lets just say things finished before I'd planned on it. I come back from the toliet and they're dressed and ready to go. Two hours my ass! They make excuses, and say if I want a shot at the other girl I hadn't had yet it would cost 3000 more. Defeats the purpose of a threesome if I don't get both, so I agree.

This session is better and longer, but as soon as its done they're getting dressed. Its maybe been an hour and fifteen minutes in the room. More excuses, something about mamsan, I don't get it. They offer LT for 10000, and I say thanks but no. What's more is during round 2 I was dining at the Y on girl 1 and something seemed a bit off. As a favorite past time for me, I notice when its different. I was researched enough to know about ladyboys, so that jumped straight into my head. After a visit to the ATM, I pay them the rest I didn't have after the first mugging and we say our goodbyes.

Grand total for the evening with hotel, tips, barfines, and lady drinks is about 14,000 Baht. Wondering about the lady boy issue keeps me up all night. Girl one mentioned wanting to e-mail, but we forgot to exchage details. Just for fun, I go back the next night long enough to exchange e-mail addresses and phone numbers (we have even sent a few messages by now)

I know I was scammed bad. Oh well, rookie mistake! My question is how bad? How much should that have cost? Also, what are the odds I had one or even two post-op ladyboys? I've quit stressing by now, just want to settle my curiosity.

In hindsight still fun. I fell in love with everything LOS offered, but the girls would be a big part! I'm planning my return next winter, and armed with the knowledge from this site it'll be a better one. If you read this, thanks for sticking with a long post. I'd really like some feedback.

See you around!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see.

1) The BF price was OK.

2) Generally short time hotels cost B300-450.

3) The general going rate for newbies for a short time with a girl is B1500-2000 each for a couple of hours (old hands usually get it for B1K-1500).

Post-op ladyboys are fairly rare, but you never know. Were the tits fake (hard and could feel the implant)? Cheaper jobs are like this, but not necessarily meaning ladyboy. Were they really girly girls, meaning overly effeminate? If so, this is a big tipoff. Most real gals here do not act as such. Were they self lubricating :D or did they use KY? Another big tip (3rd generation "girls" do not self-lubricate), but again, not necessarily 100% (some real gals do not either).

But regardless, do not dwell on it cuz you will never know now. They probably were real girls.

Cheers,

SD

Hey Desert Devil, you can name the bar here (but not the girls), so please do. Besides, the bar did nothing wrong here. Based on careful study of everything you have said, you are going to want to sit down and brace yourself. I am going to say you were at King's Corner and picked up several post op ladyboys. Everything fits neatly; location of ST rooms, BF price, you are new (newbies always fall for the katoeys), the questions in your mind about those telltale signs, and how they took you hook line and sinker so skillfully. The only mystery is how you ended up needing to pay 1000 for a ST room; they are 500 baht there but perhaps have a extra guest surcharge of 100% or just saw you coming.

No worries though. It's no big deal. You didn't lose much and have an experience of a lifetime. But please do tell the bar name, I am dying to know!

After re-reading your post I am of the opinion Neo could well be right, let us know the name of the bar for a more informed opinion :: If they were LBs, take comfort in the fact you are not the first to be duped and will not be the last.

Thanks for the replies guys!

The bar was King's Castle 1. I remembered that, but confirmed it after reading bar reviews on this site.

ST was 1000, since the girl just told me it was and I gave money to her like a sucker instead of gong to the window. I was still a bit shocked/embarrased about doing this in the first place. Getting ripped off for hotels didn't even ocur to me. More of a tip for her!

The girls wern't overly girly, but they were hot. At least one had fake tits, but they weren't nasty or bad ones. I spotted a small scar too which helps. They did use KY. I saw them go for the tube and that popped up another red flag. Then again I read here somewhere that real girls do that too sometimes, so I forgot about it.

I don't know if it matters, but they seemed like they had cash to throw around. The mobile phones and clothes were flash, and the second night one of the girls mentioned getting in her car to go back to my hotel. I could be way off, but it doesn't sound like average, country bar girl paying for sick buffalo etc. If they catch newbies like me on a regular basis, it would explain it.

You guys are confirming, what I more or less suspected. Thanks for the honesty. I would have freaked two weeks ago, but it really is a funny story and I'm having a good laugh about it.

DesertDevil said:

The bar was King's Castle 1. I remembered that, but confirmed it after reading bar reviews on this site.

King 1, that would change things! Thank goodness it wasn't King 3. But I'm not sure how the bar reviews helped you figure out which bar you were at ::. And fake tits, you do find some girls with them, but is pretty rare. The lubing part yet again is a good fit with the ladyboy possibility. One of the biggest tip offs of a ladyboy is to listen to them talk to each other; their voices are then untrained and will give you a bit of a shock when tweety bird suddenly starts talking in a much deeper voice. Now King 1 is in the middle of a line of gogo's with no back or side door and no ST rooms particularly near. The good news is if it really was King 1, then you can rest assured you were with real girls because all dancers there are real girls.

The review I read for Kings 1 pretty much nailed it for the atmosphere and layout I remember. I know it was one of the King's. I'm guessing King 3 is the all ladyboy party? I could be wrong I suppose. There was a side door we went out of and the hotel would have been off a Soi behind the club. Yeah, definately was a corner building now that I think of it. Does that make it Kings 2 or 3? I wish I took a picture...

Yeah, so I fucked that one up. I should have read Neo's first post more closely. I checked a few other places online, and I'm now pretty sure it was King's Corner. From what I found that also suggets Katoeys, so I think your first guess was spot on. Huh... Mai Pen Rai!

I actually just got an e-mail from the quiet one too. She(?) tells me in really broken English that she hopes to see me next year. Her friend had said similar in her e-mail. Interesting... Well, I guess this saves me the trouble of having to somehow subtley ask them "by the way, did you happen to have a penis once?"

Again thanks for the info!

Archived