I wish I found you guys BEFORE my trip to BKK!

For a while, it was a big thing with the Japanese expats to shag ladyboys -- quite knowingly. Don't know if they are still into it so much.

p.s. I suppose everyone is familiar with the sign on the entrance to the Thermae Coffee Shop saying (in Thai) that women of the "second kind" are not allowed inside.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DesertDevil at Customs:

Customs: "Why have you made 17 trips to Thailand during the last 12 months, sir?"

DesertDevil: "As a world traveller and former Anthropology student, foreign cultures really interest me."

Customs: "Please come with me, sir."

Great post. 14K for 1 shitty short time! :) Could have been so much worse in so many ways, so not the end of the world, just the price of admission (submission?).

FWIW, the khatoeys that the GF and I know, say that most of the time, if a guy really didn't know, there is not only no violence, but frequently it ends in an "oh well, what the hell" fuck. I would think it would take a rather insecure person to have to punchout a ladyboy so that they can feel like a real man.

Years ago, there was an idiot US sailor who unknowingly picked up a pre-op ladyboy in Pattaya and was shocked to discover his playmate of the evening had a handle. He stormed down to the front desk of the hotel, complaining about dishonesty in packaging or whatever. He kicked up such a fuss that they called the SPs, and it made the Bangkok Post. But at least he didn't take it out on his "girl". After that, the US Navy began giving lessons on how to tell the girls from the "almost girls" before allowing anyone to go on shore leave in Thailand.

Amazing Thailand.

Actually that girl in the picture kind of reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. Thanks for an unpleasant flashback!

Damn! That customs joke had me rolling on the ground!

When I got to LA, I was actually waiting for that. 2 months, 6 countries (5 of them Islamic), been on farms, and had over the limit in spending on souveniers. I resign myself to the "body cavity search line". When I get to the front, customs dude asks "are your shoes clean?" I said "yes" and they waved me through. Incredible!

DesertDevil said:

"That thought hadn't even crossed my mind Damen, but thanks for the jab! "

All in good fun :D

"Although not conservative by any means, growing up in America still instills certain beliefs about right and wrong, and whether or not I bedded two former dudes was just one more bonus when already stressing about morality and disease."

I say do whatever feels right for you and don't worry about what other people think.

"That said, disease still worries me a bit. Although, I suppose its hard to catch HIV from "vaginal" sex with a Katoey as you're not swapping bodily fluids. Just to be safe, the doctor appointment was yesterday."

Your assumption is way off base here I'm afraid. The fact is that most Katoey's engage in anal sex prior to getting their willy whacked off. The simple fact that they are engaging in homosexual anal sex puts them in a higher risk HIV category. Throw in the fact that they are prostitues from a developing country, still might engage in anal sex and my guess they are one of the highest risk categories.

Once their dick is gone and they start using their man made pussy, you are basically fucking an open wound. Like any wound, it will heal over time but it is still an orifice that produces secretions (bodily fluids). I'm not sure if a man made pussy is less susceptible to tearing than anal tissue, thereby lessening the chances of HIV transmission though :dunno:

Dont mean to scare you and I'm sure you'll be just fine. In any case, wrap it up and you'll have less to worry about :)

Thanks for the info Damen. Comforting....

I hadn't thought about the HIV issue from that angle, but it makes a lot of sense the way you explained it. There is no way I would touch anyone in Bangkok without a condom though, so it was wrapped tight! Had the whole batch of tests last week, all negative. I know I'm not completely out of that "have HIV and don't show it" window, but I'm feeling good about it. The morality shit doesn't bother me at all anymore. As you said, I'll do what I think feels right. All the same, not a story I'm about to share with Mom and Dad around the dinner table!

You never know with parents. When I first came to live and work in Thailand, I made a visit home after a couple of years. My mother said something to me about how she expected I was sleeping with BGs because she didn't want me to be gay. Like a damn fool, I admitted I had picked up a few ... now and then, you understand. Next thing I knew I was getting a lecture from my mother about how shocked she was that I was sleeping with prostitutes!

You can't win with women. Don't even try to figure them out. :(

Yeah, really not bringing this up to the folks. I'm cool with it, and I certainly don't judge y'all, but my parents is another story. If they heard I was in the BG scene they'd be lecturing me and probalby thinking they screwed up my upbringing somehow. On another note, Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! I'm just back from tehbars and feeling good. Hope the rest of you had an equally good one!

Archived