Greetings Gentlemen!

BSTaucer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moo Noi Said

"When a Thai says "Arai wa" it is slang, and they are basically saying "what the fuck?" or words to that effect.

You should NEVER use this with a Thai you don't know, and even be careful using it with friends and bar girls as some might take offense.

"Arai na" is an abbreviation of "arai na khrup/ka" and literally translated is similar to "pardon me?" or "sorry I didn't hear that". You can use "arai na" with friends and aquaitances etc., but if talking to a stranger or someone more "senior" than you, you should always put "khrup" on the end."

Now I understand.

Cheers!

:beer:

Just so there's no misunderstandings-

"Arai wa" is a reference to one of our esteemed board members, who posted under that name. Clever stuff, as are Tosser's posts. Sounds vaguely similar, so I was just wondering if it might be from the same person. I could have just as well said "Scarfman? Scarfman_II? DaScarfMan?

If it is the same person...clever stuff and good to hear from you again! :up:

If it's not the same person... still clever stuff! :up:

BSTaucer said:

"less than successful."

"capitulated" with the yanks, work.

He of course was defeated, and present at the surrender.

As our lineage has spread to other countries, you shall no doubt find Wangers and Taucers in governments through out the world.

Hopefully your relatives don't fight in Iraq currently :o:)

Khun_Kong,

You shall first notice I have chosen to omit the word "Sir" from my usual salutation. This is a direct result of your use of the very offensive "Arai *WA*" in a previous post. I am more than certain that you were aware of the insultant nature of this word, yet chose to use it anyway.

Furthermore, you took a previous post of mine, essentially plagerized it, changing a few words here and there, yet still attributed it to me, and had a run with it! This is most unacceptable, hence to call, I shall now be forced to demand a formal apology from you! Failing that, I shall demand satisfaction! I have given you the call man! I shall expect you to perform your obligation in said mention!

My apologies to the ladies and proper Gentlemen of this net board, but this upstart has given me a raucous.

Best Regards-BST

BSTaucer said:

Khun_Kong,

You shall first notice I have chosen to omit the word "Sir" from my usual salutation. This is a direct result of your use of the very offensive "Arai *WA*" in a previous post. I am more than certain that you were aware of the insultant nature of this word, yet chose to use it anyway.

Dear Mr. BS Taucer,

If you would allow me to comment, Sir:

After I read Moo Noi's detailed explanation of {arai wa v. arai na} (kop khun kop- Moo Noi!) I also considered this to be a direct insult to another new member-- YOU. This was quickly (within five or ten minutes of my brief question) addressed by Kong "to avoid any mis-understanding"

Notwithstanding kong's assumption that you, BS Taucer, was someone else, his statements that the posts are clever, nor his :up: IMHO I empathize with you, Sir. :) That would be my::: :twocents:

Cheers. :beer:

Philandering Phil

Archived