Bali-Kuta

Hi-

I used to have a home in NUsa Dua and have spent many years in Bali. Its the end of the rainy season now and the island is fairly deserted.Tourism is WAyyy down and the people are hungry for business They are also rather pushy...everyone has a hard luck story. That being said if one gets out of Kuta and heads to Ubud or the other side of the island it can be pretty nice It depends what you want. There is great surf all year round depending upon the surrent swell map-There are girls on jana Pura Spy bar etc etc but its not much really and it starts really late 12-1 AM but I dont do p4p in BKK anymore and have almost never in Bali.That being said there are stil llots of pretty ones and the grey area type girl is a lot of fun.( Sanur has rather downtrodden brothels) Airfare is up around 480$ with Thai but Garuda is cheaper.

Check it out its wonderful place.Hardrock on ladys night is fun etc etc. I iwll be there this summer for two months for the trade wind (Uluwatu side)surf season...

Was there about three weeks ago on the way home from LOS. Check it out man, way cool. Jitagawn summed up a lot of it. They are feeling a business drop and there will be some pushy vendors. The ones you buy from though will seem genuienly very grateful. I felt bad for their situation, since most of them are very lovely people.

I felt safe enough there. They have stepped up security big time not only privately at the hotels but local law enforcement on the street too. The hotel I was at was checking every car for bombs before it got past the gate. Seemed standard practice everywhere.

Nightlife was good. You can party till dawn (even bungee jump at Double Six club, awesome!), and there are lots of pretty girls. The freelancers are mostly from Java and are easy to spot, but there are some nice local girls too. I was with one that fell into that grey area. Turned out to just be a fun, sweet girl who liked foreign men. No exchange of moeny.

Give it a shot!

I was there a couple of months ago. Stayed in Nusa Dua and you had to clear 3 separate check points before getting to your hotel. Security never crossed my mind.

I didn't experience any of the pushy vendors but maybe I have good luck :: In the event I did purchase something, they were very grateful and looking to establish a rapport for repeat business.

The gas situation has forced up prices for just about everything but its still relatively cheap :up: Kuta beach was probably at about 50% occupancy and I would say half of tourists were locals from Java.

Made it to Ubud for a day which was great and Sanur a couple of nights which was ok. I wouldn't recommend going for P4P alone but combined with the scenery, beaches and the fact I refuse to let the potential for terrorism influence where I spend my time, I say it's well worth a visit.

Archived