amount of money for upcountry girlfriend

Hi

Anyone got any ideas for a sensible monthly amount to give a girlfriend/wife to be who is upcountry (North not Issan)with her family. I get the impression that 10,000 baht is the BKK 'starting rate' and I don't have a problem with that but having been to the North a few times I know that is a lot of money up there.

Thanks Austen

p.s. How I can check/know is actually is upcountry is a seperate issue !

p.p.s. thanks to those you answered by Lease question in the Legal forum

I have a dear girl who lives in Sakon Nakon, she is a school teacher and makes about 8,000 Bht per month, which she kicks a portion to her family. So I think !0,000might be high just for her. But then it all depends where and how you want her to live until she leaves with you. My friend is a farm girl, so things like food aren't a problem, and she stays at her school during the week for free, but she has said 8,000is enough to get by on. So I would think 10,000 is decent if she can budget.

5K is enough to live upcountry, but if she wants to have fun, and let her hair down, it may not cover it... In my experience, guys sending money to girls who remain in Bangkok (different to your particular case) need to send AT LEAST 20K a month to keep her out of the bar.

Stick

dept store, shop girl salaries aren't the point. working hookers and make about 5x more than the former categories. if you stop them working anything under 20K won't go very far even in issanland. will it? anyway it doesn't matter how much you give them cos whatever it is won't be enough. they're women, poor, fuckable, but not too stupid, and you're their next meal and you want to be accepted. what would mummy have to say when her darling's income, and hers, has just dried up because some farang wants sole screwing rights? suddenly they want to live a more farang lifestyle . . . who's going to be paying? ready for this yet?

unless you don't care about the outgo or the consequences of how you might feel if they all go and bosh you later it's cheaper and simpler to live on your tod and enjoy a wider spectrum of what this wonderful country has to offer with its wide spectrum of carnal pleasures. just a thought but hope things work out for you the way you want.

• 3 months later...

Hi Stick, since we're 12 months down the road since the Pen saga, how much allowance do you figure for a lass living with you? (in BKK)

BTW, seems the lady is going back to school (again) and some poor sucker has bought her story again..... Probably paid the bar the full 10K and no part refund.... Where's that Acadamy Award? :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I think 10,000b is a reasonable salary for a non-bkk person. My old gf used to call it her salary so I went along with the semantics.

At 5,000b, what is the point of having a falang gf? Obtaining a falang needs to come with some privileges and the difference between 5 and 10 is much greater to them as it is to us.

At 10, the girl can give freely to her family (which she gets kudos for) and even pick-up a few western lifesytle perks. Yet, I don't think at this amount you have entered into the spoiling stage.

One lesson i have learned, they (with one exception) will spend whatever you give them so don't for one minute think that if you give them some more, she will think about saving a percentage of it. There minds and background have never explored that concept.

Back to my one exception. For years she was socking away a large percentage of the monies I was giving her so she could buy a good chunk of land near her coastal hometown. While she disappointed me in the trust/closeness factor, I do respect her for understanding the concept of saving for the future and actually doing it. Though not possessing formal education, she was 25 when i met her combined with her background so her maturity was much greater than your typical young working girl.

10 for non-bkk and 20 for bkk seems to be about right. I also think the girls factor ltheir ooks into fair compensation but that is for a whole 'nother tread.

Cardinalblue

I give my girlfriend about 2000/5000 Bath a month, its for her anough but she stay by her parents.

5000 Bath is more then anough.

Many working ladys with a normal job can do it.

RUHolland.

Archived