amount of money for upcountry girlfriend

hi i would agre with other posters that 500 baht or certanly 10,00 baht is enough for a girl living up country with her parents.

What you are forgetting about are her parents .

i have found that the parents may take everything the girl gets so it does not matter what you send it will never be enough.

remenber that phrase "never enough" it applys to a lot of girls you will meet.

it is a pity when you realise that you are not just suporting her ,and her child and her parents but maybe also a lazy brother ,and all their respective vices such as smoking and drinking.

so it may happen you send 5000 baht per month,after 3 weeks you ask her has she any money and she tells you that it is nearly all gone so you send more and more and.........

i would welcome any thoughts on this topic

• 1 month later...

I feel guilty for doing it, but when I arrived at Nana 2 years ago I needed to practice my thai, and chatted up a couple of cuties in the internet cafe by the motorcycle taxi stand. These girls were sharp as tacks. I typed them up 5 or so notepads (saved to the desktop) for cutting and pasting into "luv-u2-much e-love letters" with "need money stories". I came up with "brother in motorcycle accident and need blood, must pay extra for special HIV free blood...typhoon destroy roof of mamma and pappa house.....etc. Now I feel so guilty, and I beg forgivness from all you guys that are sending money!

I assisted in fixxing up some girl's place in Lengnarm because I was staying with her. As soon as I showed generosity, she tried to milk me at ever opportunity, pulling some of the funniest stuff you could imagine! Watch out!!! They are slick and insidious, but "sopping" is inexpensive over there, so my total bill was less than I spend on one of my family member's xmas/chanuka gifts here in the states.

A friend that was proud of his "savvy" squandered a $100,000 inheritence in the midst of the 90's dot com boom, and now lives in a homeless shelter. Keep that thought in the back 'o 'yo haid.......NO MONEY>>>NO HONEY!

I would suggest ask her to make a list of her expenses for a month.

(in reality, I think an impossible task)

give her that amount. ( which will probably be gone long b4 the month is up)

also, ( agin I think impossible task for thai girl) have her list everyting she spends it on.

I am willing to bet the lists don't match, and there will be some big "gaps"

anyone ever try this successfully for any length of time?

Archived