BKK prices UP UP UP !!

BuffHello

regarding Sticks offerings this week ,you wonder what prices will be like in a few years at the rate they are rising .

will you pay 3000 for a shortime and 6000 for an allnight?

and 150-180 for a beer ?

and 10 years time will you pay 5000 for a shortime and 10,000 for an allnight ? 250 for a beer ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fool paid B2500 for a ST upstairs in Midnite to one of my A+ gals a few nights ago. She showed me the money LOL! Not to imply that she is not worth it, but it is waaayyyy over the market rate (even her's)!

Then she met me at home cuz I wanted to sleep with her and she knew this. No charge (would not take the usual B2K gift) because she felt bad that she did the short time while I was in the bar. It was not like she was sitting with me...but she would toast me first (as she was walking back to the guy's seat) every time he bougfht her a drink. And she spent about five minutes in my lap, out of his line of sight, sucking my tongue out of my throat to "apologize" for the guy barfining her. She's a good girl, that one.

FWIW, I did not care. I was happy she made some "bonus" money and told her so. But I was also happy to do a long time with her for free :D and play on her guilt LOL! She gets plenty of money out of me on a regular basis :doah:, so a good customer reward is deserved.

Anyway, who knows about prices? If stupid tourists pay too much, then the prices go up, just as with anything else (trinkets, street food, etc.). But the market will correct itself. Right now, I often just go to Akane or a soapy instead of a gogo because the service is better (save my "A gals") and it's cheaper. I am not the only one. As more people migrate to soapies, etc., the prices will come down in the gogo bars.

Cheers,

SD

Actually, that might be gay...

I'm not sure it is tourists who drive up prices. Soi cowboy has been more expensive than patpong for many years. Yet expats mostly prefer cowboy and tourists mostly prefer patpong. Maybe it's a case at cowboy of Thai economics at work; less customers so make up for it by raising the price.

khwaimaisabai said:

Hi chuck,

Somebody I know was recently offered a fairly basic admin job on a US base in Iraq. Never needed to leave the base so as secure as you can get. $10,000 a month tax free. He turned it down.

Khwai

That job doesn't sound like a lot fun. With some jobs you get to drive around in 4x4s and shoot the place up a bit.

http://www.newsobserver.com/579/story/421643.html

A few months ago I was in a Nanaplaza go-go. One dancer comes sits with me, other comes along approx. minute later. Anyways, I buy'em both drinks, but knew damn quick by their attitudes and appearance, they were both playing me for some fool who would play their game.

I decided to play my own game, and asked how much for L/T. Both quote 3000 L/T each. I started laughing very hard and loud. Shit, the look on their faces was priceless. One just gave me a blank stare, the other caught on as I was continuing to laugh at them, and she got unhappy, imitating my laugh trying to be sarcastic. Well, after about a minute of my laughing and chuckling, they were both spun up, talking Thai to each other, pissed off.

I told them both I could do better, and they gave me some seriously dirty looks, as they departed, as I continued to laugh. It really is nice to have so many choices.

My Thai language skills may suck, but a good laugh really gets across quicker when you want to turn the tables on the girls who try to play games.

The money spent on their two drinks was well worth it :grinyes:

can you name me one major city anywhere in the world where prices -- be it for food, drink, accomodation or p4p -- in recent years have gone DOWN DOWN DOWN ??

and look at the bright side: it's never been easier to pick up RTGs, even though our ages are going UP UP UP !!

Prices on everything in BKK are going up. Probably one of the main reasons many people head straight to Pattaya on arrival. As Suadam said, the market will always correct itself. 10 years from now Pattaya may be the overpriced hotspot and BKK will once again be cheap. Who knows.

Archived