BKK prices UP UP UP !!

BuffHello

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whitney said:

I decided to play my own game, and asked how much for L/T. Both quote 3000 L/T each. I started laughing very hard and loud. Shit, the look on their faces was priceless. One just gave me a blank stare, the other caught on as I was continuing to laugh at them, and she got unhappy, imitating my laugh trying to be sarcastic. Well, after about a minute of my laughing and chuckling, they were both spun up, talking Thai to each other, pissed off.

I told them both I could do better, and they gave me some seriously dirty looks, as they departed, as I continued to laugh. It really is nice to have so many choices.

My Thai language skills may suck, but a good laugh really gets across quicker when you want to turn the tables on the girls who try to play games.

Sounds like an excellent way to get a drink thrown over you - or worse.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people enjoy deliberately antagonising others then wonder why the roof suddenly fall on their heads.

Paul

guys may be losing sight of their mongering objectives, you go to a 3rd world country to avail yourself of the cheap pussy, if you are paying 1st world prices, and BKK is now nearing same prices back home for pussy ,add on the flight cost and its getting silly.

my hotel price has hardly moved over the years but girlie costs are accelerating too fast due to their pimp demands,phone topup cards , etc.

I think Stickman's hunch about sponsored BGs is a big part of it.

Notwithstanding the new social order policies, the p4p scene has grown dramatically in Bangkok over the last 5 years. In part that is probably true because travel is relatively cheaper now. This also means that there are alot more first timers now.

First timers are more likely to pay more because they don't know any better, and even guys who have visited a few time are much more likely to buy into the sponsorship BS. Even when they are faced with overwhelming evidence that they have been conned, they will still cling to their fantasies. I am now past the 12 year mark here, and I still have friends coming out for the first time and being absolutely overwhelmed about what is available here.

And these guys, despite my warnings, still fall for all of the scams that first time visitors fall for, and BG sponsorship is one of the biggest ones. I have also learned that trying to tell a (46 year old) friend that the (21 year old) love of his life is conning him can be dangerous and can seriously damage a friendship.

I was in Nana Plaza on Saturday night which for me is a first in a long time. Could not believe how quiet the bars were.

Really stuck me that there is a big issue between gouging customers and charging a premium price for quality service and entertainment.

The mate I was with was over from Singapore - neither of us are cheap charlies and to his credit he said its still cheaper than Singapore. However couple of things annoyed me.

1. Vodka + red bull - charged 125 baht for the vodka (obvious copy) + 40 baht for the red bull in Hollywood Rock.

2. Continual badgering for drinks by dancers and service staff. It was beginning to really get annoying.

In isolation none of this is a huge problem - except for the fact that between 11.30pm and 1am, we went into 3 bars - Mandarin, Hollywood Rock and Rainbow 2 - only Rainbow two was approaching busy. In all the bars there were loads of girls, many of which (hollywood excepted) were 7/8/9's on the looks scale. Couldn't help but observe that these owners have really lost the plot. The irony is that all the beer bars at the entrance on Soi 4 were packed. Certainly seems that the bar owners really have no idea in business.

For me I think I'll stick with Cowboy.

Cheers

Archived