Why do fools fall in love?

After several trips to LOS, and a few beers down the hatch I wonder; why do fools fall in love with prostitutes? Well, first thing to be clear about, it's nothing particular to BKK. Growing up in a medium sized city, one of my first jobs was located next door to a massage pallor. On several occasions we had a good laugh observing some local yokel showing up in his Sunday best and a big bouquet of flowers. He had fallen for one of the gals. They were sent packing in short order, pathetically slouching back to their cars never to return. In San Francisco I dated an 'erotic dancer' who had many stories to tell... not uncommon for the girls to pick up unwanted suitors.

Again, these guys were brushed off quickly. Seen as nothing more than a nuisance by the girls, who make good money (in many cases better money then their clients... although most is no doubt blown on drugs and lifestyle), without some possessive guy around, and as a potential income drain by the owner (a girl in love does not want to work, and more customers per girl means more money spent), their affections were generally not encouraged.

What is different in BKK? I would say most of love struck guys are the same bunch of naive yokels; most have no clue or experience with prostitution back home, and many will fall in love with the first girl that is nice to them...

The sheer volume of working girls changes the dynamics as well... the average girl might only get taken out a few times a month. (The hot girls are less likely to go long time, and I imagine more likely to discourage the western love bug). Since the ratio of average girls to guys is much higher than in the west, the girl is much more inclined to hang on to a paying customer as long as possible. She does this by giving the man attention, physical comfort and her time, all of which the yokel thinks is love. Obviously, the sheer income disparity affects things... every gal has a different story, but if they are 'living the life', money is high on their priority list.

Are the girls being deceitful with these guys? If they pump him up and make him feel like king for a day, he is more likely to throw them a good tip or stay with them longer. Are they manipulating him? Of course! The power politics between men and woman (working or not) is as old as Adam and Eve. Hey, if you had to get f**ked for a living, you might get a bit cynical and jaded as well...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Post I would say that covers a lot of what Happens.

I do think it outrageous though that they do string the guys along with the idea of marriage etc... to take them to the cleaners.

A lot of farang fall for Thai prostitutes for a combination of reasons, but it's never just one or two.

Here's a few:

1. In the West it's difficult for fellows over 30 to date beautiful 22 yr. old girls. However 22 yr. old Thai prostitutes fall all over themselves trying to meet them. It's flattering to say the least!

2. Most farang men are in Thailand on holiday so they're more avaible and wanting to meet women. Many are also lonely and therefore vulnerable to the advances of a sweet poohying hooker.

3. Many Thai prostitutes are sweet creatures who treat the farang customer better than their farang girlfriends/wives treat them.

4. The language barrier actually works in favor of developing what feels like a stronger bond for the farang because so little is actually being said and understood that he doesn't really get to know who she is but he understands her body language like a cute smile and a warm hug.

5. Knowing he has a girlfriend in a place like Thailand is a kind of escape from his cold harsh reality back in farangland. It's part of the fantasy.

The lonely and naive farang on his first trip is dead meat before his plane even touches down at Don Muang.

I agree with Kaiser. Add to that the fact that I believe a lot of guys actually want to be in love in the first place. But, wanting it on their terms, they want a 1) beautiful, 2) young, 3) sexy, 4) compliant girl to fall in love with. Can't do it easily in the States? Come to LOS and, not only can you find what you seek, you also have the fantasy/pleasure of believing you are taking them away from a fate worst than death. Heady combination. The only solution is to land at Don Muang taking a big dose of your supply of cynical pills. Enjoy yourself in LOS using every muscle you own except the most important one...the heart. Cheers. Chicago Dave

I fall in love everytime I go. I like falling in love. Sometimes I'm in love with several girls at once. Of course it's the need to fall out of love when I leave that's sometimes a problem. Maybe it's not love?

I do know the girls are perfect dates and I'm having too much fun to try and figure out the love angle.

Falling in love again, never wanted to.... Actually I do.

sanuk rawn

[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: pattayaman ]

Guys that fall in love with thai whores are living in a false reality. I was in a bookstore on Sukhumvit one day and a white guy and a whore came in. He was looking at books, she was looking bored. Then he picks up a book of poetry and starts expounding to the whore what a great poet this author was. The whole thing was rather sad.

I don't think it's "love" -PartOfTheProblem. They fall only "physical act of love". Men are just like that. Good sex = love..as simple as that. Bad sex = divorce (sooner or later any way) though men said they loved their wife before the marriage!! I'm not ashamed that I'm one of them. I admit it. And I hope others will. It will make things easier for us.

Maybe the whore in the bookstore was looking bored when the white guy read her poetry because she prefers Victorian Age iambic pentameter and he was reading Edwardian Age dactylic? Or maybe she had heard THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER one time to many? ;-)

Cheers!

Archived