Hi, I am a new guy here. My name is Fudgy McPacker. My parents they were from the old country, Ireland, I think. Not really sure as that was a long time ago. But me, I am from the US, or the United States for those of you who are acronomically challanged.

Any how, I am what you would call an 'old asia hand'. This is a self given title mind you, as I am old, I have a hand, and I have been to asia.

Thailand, oh Thailand, mysterious land of exotic foods and temples. I have been to Thailand. In fact I could be what you call a 'frequent' visitor. This once again is a self given title as I have been there a few times a year for the past few years.

I am not to big on the nightlife of Thailand, I don't really drink, or like to hang out in bars, or socialize, or really speak to anyone. I really like the internet though. In the past I have partaken in some rabald adventures. My proudest accomplisment being the trifecta for having visited the CP1/CP2 and CP3, all done over a two year period. My goal in participation in this aspect of the board is the provide insight to lesser visited places, such as Pichit, a place that I hope to someday visit and report on.

To finish up, well, I'm a Libra, I have brown eyes, and dark hair, I like candle light dinners, and sunset walks on the beach. I have been told several times that I look much younger than my age, and also that I am very handsome. I look forward to learning and if possible contributing to the dialog on this forum, and making the world a better place for people like me.

Thank you,

Fudgy McPacker

Khwai,

Don't know in kms but Pichit is about a 30-min train ride from Phitsanulok (southwards, probably like 25-30 kms, so it's between P-lok and BKK)

I know cause I used to travel that route for 3 years.

Very small town btw.

I thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. That makes me feel very welcome, especially as a 'newbe' here. I am not sure if that is the correct spelling of 'newbe', spelling was never one of my stong suits. As noted, greatfully, paragraphs is the gramatical area in which I am at my peak of strength.

To further carry on from my above statement, I would like to provide you 'fellas' with a bit more information. I am an old man. Maybe not as old as some of you, but I am not young. I am 46 years of age. As a youth, I was worried of getting old, and crotchity, but now that I am there, I feel that it is my place in life, and I am enjoying it like a warm cup of tea.

I have brought up my age as it is very important to me. Why?, you may ask. Have you asked yet? Well, as I am all alone in my garage with only my internet, I will asume you have. So let me tell you. As I age, I get closer to retirement. Because I am from the US, maybe you think that I will retire at age 65 like my dad did. No, I won't.

At the age of 50 I am finished with work. Don't aks me how, but allow me to tell you. After I was finished with graduate school, I dropped out after a week, I was at a loose as to what to do. SO I tok 5 months of vacation thats to a $2000 student loan. When I returned to the US I was both broke and desprate. But lo and behold, when things were at their darkest, it became light and I found a carrer, that provided me both with some money, and a chance to retire early with full benifits.

So at age 50 I am going to retire to 'Thailand'. I am going to secure a piece of property of at least 3 Rai, somewhere between the cities of Tak and Suphanburi. I will build a house and plant fruit trees. I will become 'settled'. From this 'compound' I will take breaks of various lenghts of time to different parts of Thailand and Asia, and the world.

For example, maybe I want to visit Uttaradit. I will leave my compound, and travel to Uttaradit. There I will rent something for a couple months, a house or an apartment. Then from this 'base' I will do my explorations. Once completed it is back to the compund.

I look forward to reading the sections of the forum which deal with property and retirement. Acording to my time frame, the property search has already started, with an eye to purchase sometime in 2007/2008.

And Mr. Bushpilot, if you are in fact a pilot, no, I am not a confectioner. I am pretty much nothing. But I do like my fudge, that was one of those bad habits I picked up with passing a decade in San Francisco.

sayjann said:

'I am an old man. Maybe not as old as some of you, but I am not young. I am 46 years of age'

thanks for making my Day.............. :cussing:

i'm almost 46 and CERTAINLY NOT OLD.......... :shakehead

and i am hansun Man as the Girls always tell me that..... :grinyes::applause:

wel SURE you look old on the pictures :)

ducking......

Archived