marriage agencies?

thai3

These places facinate me and I have visited three of them in bkk,but only met one girl who was a complete waste of time. I have been reading boards such as this for over four years and I cannot think of anybody I know or have read a post about meeting their gf/wife through such places, well one, small PP who met his at thaidarling.

Has anyone any experiences to pass on about visiting agencies?, my visit to thai darling really put me off. I sat in the office (condo) for about 40 mins with a girl her friend and the owner. I could not understand how this girl could possibly be the same as the one in the photo on the web and in the book, even after a make over. She would have needed plastic surgery to even get close. I battled on asking all my questions trying to look interested although I really felt like walking out but did not want to hurt her feelings. She left it until I was just about to call it a day before she thought of asking me what country I was from or what my age was. Pretty excruciating stuff, give me the bar girl interview anyday rather than this.

There was talk of no work at factory and how far they had come, I asked them about the cost of their fares. Realised after that they had inflated this but I gave her 500 baht for fares and something to eat. I was glad to get out of the place.

My feeling is that if you are going to do it be prepared to spend $$$$$$ and meet as many girls as possible. It's a strange way to meet people though -peter

I do not live in bkk so it is not so easy to strike up friendships with non bar types. The thing that puts me off agencies is the cost, I am not in a position to be able to spend hundreds of pounds meeting a few girls in the hope one will be right for me. Chat rooms I really do not like much, I find them infantile most of the time but they are free so I have a look most days. It will be back to the bars, massage parlors and chatting up shop girls in August,ooh it's a hard life.-peter

QUOTE]Originally posted by BkkShaggy:

[QB]Peter G,

With due respect, what is it that makes you use such services? Do you think that the services would successfully "find" you Thai wife you desire?? I do understand that when you're living outside Bkk you can't possibly spend time finding yourself a girl. But I'm sure you could find some ways to do this. The services are a waste of time and money IMHO.

Peter G,

With due respect, what is it that makes you use such services? Do you think that the services would successfully "find" you Thai wife you desire?? I do understand that when you're living outside Bkk you can't possibly spend time finding yourself a girl. But I'm sure you could find some ways to do this. The services are a waste of time and money IMHO.

Maybe you might want to consider Thai chat rooms, penpal sites,ect. There are other possibilities you know. Or maybe you've tried that too and that also doesn't work?? One pitfall is that it takes a lot of TIME and effort. But I think it's worth it.

Archived