living in LOS

Is there anybody on this board that actually lives in los and is not interested in the sex scene, if there is what do you do for a living and is it hard to find work?

ThaiHome

Let me ask you a serious question.

How much would you consider to be a decent wage in Bangkok, so I can check how in tune with reality you really are.

I don't mean this to be a flame but you seem to have it in for the poor old English teacher, and believe it or not some of them do make a decent salary.

ThaiHome

Let me ask you a serious question.

How much would you consider to be a decent wage in Bangkok, so I can check how in tune with reality you really are.

I don't mean this to be a flame but you seem to have it in for the poor old English teacher, and believe it or not some of them do make a decent salary.

I have it in for backpackers too, you know, the ones that get all upset when they have to pay 10 baht more then the LP guide says they should.

The highest paid Thai in my office, a certified civil engineer makes 90K a month, I consider that pretty good. The average is 35K. The clerks and drivers make 5-15K.

I think I am well in touch with reality.

I realize that you and I live different lifestyles.

I just wonder why you are here?

I don't consider your question a flame, though I do expect to get flammed for seemingly "attacking" such an icon as yourself. But I am not attacking you.

Yes, I'm not a backpacker fan either. I've always said that Joe Cummings speaks, reads, and writes Thai as well as any farang so that gives him an enormous advantage.

quote:

The highest paid Thai in my office, a certified civil engineer makes 90K a month, I consider that pretty good. The average is 35K. The clerks and drivers make 5-15K.

90K a month in Bangkok is a good wage for anyone. For a Thai it's phenomenal. And a Thai and even many farang can live well on 35K. Remember it's how you enjoy your money that counts. Two people can both earn 35K but one guy is always skint well before the end of the month.

quote:

I just wonder why you are here?

There are times I wonder myself. Then again, I wondered that in England and I wondered that in Spain. Same shit different day.

quote:

I don't consider your question a flame, though I do expect to get flammed for seemingly "attacking" such an icon as yourself. But I am not attacking you.

An icon - I am truly flattered LOL You've brightened up what has been otherwise a rather shitty day. Khob Khun Khap.

Hi,

Whoops asked:

"Is there anybody on this board that actually lives in los and is not interested in the sex scene, if there is what do you do for a living and is it hard to find work?"

I think that there are quite a few expats on this board, with most of them living in BKK (check the little line below each post), and I would expect that most of these guys work for a living.

While I would not say I am "not interested in the sex scene", it certainly isn't the center of my universe either. In other words, I enjoy the scene, but could easily do without it as well. My live wouldn't be that much different.

Again, I think that this holds true for most of the expats here.

As to finding a job, it depends on your skills. On a whole though, jobs, and especially good paying ones, are not that easy to find.

Sanuk!

Bkk Phil - you were called an icon of this board. Was that bloke taking the piss?

I'm not sure if I would take that as a compliment or an insult!

Archived