Sonkgran Quieter This Year?

Stickman

Soi 4 NEP up to Soi 4/Soi 6 junction was busy.

This was the first year that it realy got on my tits in a big way. The first two i have experienced were good fun, but this year being my first BKK Songkran, i noticed the wild differnece in Ferang/Thai celebrations.

The Thais politley stopped me, light sprinkle of water, some poweder, a wai and maybe a hug/boogie. Folk music playing full blast and big smiles. A thank you and 'swadee pee mai' from me, and im on my way smiling.

Ferang - looked like total muppets and i honestly, honestly felt like nutting one or two of them. Buckets of water with ice in which they wait until you are not looking to poor it on your back... High power water pistols - ok, but not in my bloody eye please mate (loosing a contact), hiding in doorways and jumping you, throwing ice water on older Thais (even women)... I seen some pissed off looking thais on the way back to the office.

I know i sound misserable, and after all I am a ferang! But something about our fellow guests gave me the right old hump this year.

Yeah it sucks that people do not care who is and isn't in the game. Obviously it's more fun to splash those who do not wish to get soaked.

I miscalculated my beer supply at home and had no choice other than walking to the 7-11 through a dozen of water throwers, not to mention the passing crowd in pick-up trucks (fewer than last year though).

I expected to get baptised numerous times but miraculously this was not the case. I had prepared myself for that btw.

Mission completed though; I got the beer.

:beer:

I too snuck out to the 7/11 to get some Leo and get back without getting in any lines of fire. Made the 7/11 unscathed, but the clerk wanted to powder my face with a bowl of the stuff she had. It's hard to say no to cute Thai's so reluctantly I agreed. When the stuff went on I immediately realized it was not your regular powder and had been doctored. It had a very strong menthol odor and my eyes were stinging and my face where it was applied burning. They thought the stuff was great, I could have done without it! :onfire:

<<Obviously it's more fun to splash those who do not wish to get soaked.>>

In the village we take turns to ride around on the motor bikes, usually with smaller kids on the front, the idea being we know we;ll get wet, that's why we go out, however the Darlek my wife has taught me it's more fun to slow down just beffore the water throwers as if you don;t want to get wet, they get MUCH more excited being teased!

The big thing up here is to mix corn flour and ffood dye into a thick mixture, great to throw around and washes strait out.

DOG - committed water fight lover,

Archived