What do you read?

Julian2

Popular fiction (Gresham, Clancy, Clavell)

Non fiction books on politics or cultural things. Thomas Sowell for example.

History books. I love history. Particularly imperial Rome, some British history figures, Macedonian history in the Alexander the Great era, biblical history, American history, African-American history, etc.

Historical fiction.

Financial books (Livermore, William O'Neil, 'Market Wizzards series of books')

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reread 'A fortune teller told me' by Tiziano Terzani.

Like Grisham, James Patterson, W.E.B. Griffin, Clive Cussler, Tom Clancey, Elmore Leonard.

Christopher Robbins 'Air America' and 'The Ravens' are good reads.

Any kind of war book, from the Romans, to Vikings, WW I, II and Vietnam.

Favourite books/authors:

The elementary Particles - Michel Houellebecq. This book blew me away with its insights in postmodern, post-hippie society. It was favourably reviewed in most of Europe, but only got a lukewarm reception in the U.S. In Thailand the book was sold with the title atomised.

Without a hero - T. Coraghessan Boyle - a hilarious collection of short stories, over the top and recognizable at the same time.

Chuck Palahniuk- Fight Club. Very direct writing style, very intense.

Guest lazyphil

my mrs is always reading thai novels or farang novels translated to thai, i on the other hand find little time to read anything as gadflys posts keeps me occupied for hours on end ::

soongmak said:

The elementary Particles - Michel Houellebecq. This book blew me away with its insights in postmodern, post-hippie society. It was favourably reviewed in most of Europe, but only got a lukewarm reception in the U.S. In Thailand the book was sold with the title atomised.

Here we go again..... surely you are kidding, right ? That guy is one of the biggest idiots / bigots / racists around....... most of this so-called theories have been ridiculised many times over :p

If I remember correctly he also lives in excile to avoid lawsuits against him LOL

I am reading "1421" from Gavin Mendiez right now, just finished reading "1498" from Jacques Attali, both books show incredible analysis of what happened in those times.

BB

Archived