20 things I love about Cambodia

Ranger

I lost my sense of invulnerability a long time ago. The villages of Thailand are full of limping, drooling, spastic idiots, I've spent too many tense hours on Asian roadways to believe I'm not next.

There is nothing to gain and everything to lose by not wearing a helmet. The wind in my hair, and all that, just isn’t that big of a value to risk everything. Especially since I have less hair than I used to.

I already have to pay the butterfly surcharge, the fat surcharge and the old man surchage with ladies. I don't want to pay the spastic drooling idiot surcharge, as well. Thanks...But, I'll bring my own "makonahk".

But, I will defend your right to make your own decision about this and buy you a beer if you make it there alive.

Cheers!

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: nepfan ]

NEPfan,

I would wear a helmet if they had one for me to wear! I don't have room in my travel bag to pack a helmet, so I guess I do put myself at risk. Would never tell anyone not to wear a helmet, but good luck finding one in Phnom Penh. If you can bring your own, and have room to pack it, that would be ideal. Look forward to running into you someday. I'll be the drooling, spastic idiot-LOL.

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

NEPfan,

Look forward to running into you someday. I'll be the drooling, spastic idiot-LOL.

Ranger

Not sure I like the sound of that. -LOL

I'll be the non-drooling non-spastic idiot (Never said I wasn't an idiot already) coming the other way with a helmet.

Archived